Mr.C has stopped eating veggies he once loved! Whats the deal?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BunMommaD

Reaction score
So cookie is coming to the close of a major molt. He is still shedding but no more bog clumps! Thank goodness! And the last couple of weeks life has been insane around here... So I stuck to "easy" greens for him... Arrugula, cilantro, herb mixes...etc... Well this past weekend I decided to get him some yummy stuff that he loves (well used to) and so I got him some mustard greens, turnip greens and dandelion leaves... Well this is the third day he has picked out all the cilantro and arrugula and leaves everything else! They are fresh and clean and taste fine! I can't believe I bought all this stuff he won't eat! I keep giving it to him hoping he'll just eat it.... But nope! He picks out what he wants and leaves the rest! And he has always been the type to sit there and eat the whole bowl, when we give it to him...
:?
Any ideas? My hubby thinks that he is a snob and knows the greens were on sale... And therefore won't eat them! LOL

I'm surprised by the dandelion leaves. Honey wouldn't touch mustard greens & while I didn't try turnip greens, she didn't much like collards.

Honey has gotten more picky about her food the last month. I'm assuming that once I gave her greens straight from the yard, the ones from the store were no longer appealing. What will happen this fall is anyone's guess, when she'll have to eat what I buy.

Maybe Mr C is being cranky because of molting. But you might see what happens if you give him only the so-far-rejected greens, wait 45 minutes [or until he's eaten them all, whichever comes first] & then give him the 'good' ones.

Latest posts

Back