Mr. Buttercup's Blog

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Faith.Dungy

Reaction score
[align=center]
BunnyBlog.jpg
[/align]

December 12, 2008

Due to popular demand Buttercup now has his own blog. I am looking forward to this blog so I can share all our adventures with our new friend.

We adopted Buttercup on December 9, 2008. We got him from a man who was going to take him to a shelter if they couldn't find a home for him. I figure Buttercup is about 8 months old. The man we adopted him from said he was about 3 months old when they got him in July. After we brought Buttercup home we learned he had been living in a little 1ftx2ft cage on ceder bedding.
101_1542.jpg

He was never given hay and was fed only pellets. Buttercup was also never given any toys and was not allowed to be removed from his cage, only pet through the open door. What a sad life.

Buttercup came to us nameless. My youngest daughter immediately named him Buttercup. The name comes from this book which is one of her favorites.
30060099.jpg

The Little Rabbit is a story about a little girl named Sarah (which is my daughter's name) who gets a bunny she names Buttercup. It's a cute story and shows how the little girl cares for the bunny.

On December 10, I got Buttercup a much larger cage. I couldn't argue much about this cage since it was Free!

[align=center]
101_1547.jpg
[/align]
This cage measures 36"x24"x24" Buttercup spent a great deal of time investigating his new surroundings. Once he realized he had space to move around he did little hops and leaps in his cage. When everything was to his satisfaction he stretched out as far as he could and took a nap.

I had also taken Buttercup to the vet for a check-up. The vet, who is rabbit savvy and recommended by the HRS said Buttercup is in good health and remarked on his friendly personality. I also made an appointment to get Buttercup neutered on January 19. We have to wait so long since we are getting funded by a spay/neuter program.

Yesterday on December 11 Sarah decided she wanted to do her homework with Buttercup. So I allowed her to take him out of his cage and sit with Buttercup in our recliner. And thankfully he didn't pee or poo on my chair,lol. Buttercup had a great time soaking up all the attention and the pictures below prove it.

101_1560.jpg

Getting a treat

101_1565.jpg

Happy Bunny Dance

101_1571.jpg

My Towel!

101_1570.jpg

Time for a bath

101_1574.jpg

And now a nap

As far as attention goes today was no different. I blocked off a section of my living room so Buttercup could get some real exercise. He was such a good little bun and didn't pee or poo on the carpeting, using his litterbox. I also made sure to give him plenty to do and he didn't feel the need to dig my carpet.

101_1575.jpg

Buttercups play space

101_1578.jpg

Saying hello to Sarah

101_1579.jpg

What's that smell?

101_1584.jpg

I wonder what's over there

101_1594.jpg

Mike (my husband) getting to know Buttercup

101_1583.jpg

"Tail" end of a bunny dance

101_1581.jpg

Peek-a-Boo

101_1596.jpg

Saying hello and trying to sneak a nibble out of Mike's book

101_1595.jpg

Do I hear birds?

101_1591.jpg

Alright! A telephone book!

101_1592.jpg

Fun shredding those pages

101_1599.jpg

Sarah saying good-night to Buttercup

So that has been Buttercup's first few days with us. Each day is getting funner as we learn about or new friend. We are looking forward to many happy years with Buttercup.

Those are great pictures and Buttercup looks like he is "home". From the pictures alone it can be seen that he is a happy bun enjoying his new cage and space to run around in.

He looks like he is training your daughter well in how to be his bunny slave. He is a very lucky bun and it was great that you drove all that way to give him a happy, loving home.

These pictures brought a tear to my eyes. It is so wonderful that Buttercup now has a home where he can reach his full potential as a wonderful, loving, happy bun. :)

As for hubby, he's probably going to learn to not wear black around the white bunny ;)

Oh he's so cute.
When i was 5 i got my first rabbit, i named her Buttercup, because of the book. too.

[align=center]
BunnyBlog.jpg
[/align]

December 14, 2008

Poor little Buttercup had to spend the weekend in his cage. My 4 year old nephew spent the weekend with me and I didn't feel comfortable letting Buttercup out. We did give him some extra treats and we sat and talked to him so he wasn't ignored. My nephew kept saying "That's a rabbit!" I think he was surprised to see a real rabbit in my house,lol. We felt bad leaving Buttercup in his cage all weekend but I think we felt worse than Buttercup did. That's alright, tomorrow I'm gonna go buy him some special new fabric to make cage towels with and some other goodies.

101_1648.jpg

Just hanging out

101_1646.jpg

Taking a nice nap

If he's flopping and taking a nap, I think he was happy :)

P.S.: My two-year old nephew comes over shrieking "RABBIT RABBIT!" (sounds like "rob-eet") so the buns stay in their cage. He's not allowed over often ;)

kherrmann3 wrote:
These pictures brought a tear to my eyes. It is so wonderful that Buttercup now has a home where he can reach his full potential as a wonderful, loving, happy bun. :)

:yeahthat: I think Buttercup picked the right people to give him a great home. He has already taken charge of the household like a good bunny should (lol). :DI love that your husband is also involved with him. Don't forget to post some nice pics of them on the Photophiles thread of Real Men Love Bunnies. I think those are the best pics because the guys have to show their soft-side to cuddle the family bunny. :D

Your daughter looks so at ease with Buttercup! I love the pics of him sleeping in the chair while she did her homework (or did she...? :?) Buttercup would probably love it if she spent more time at his level, on the floor, where he could bond with her and investigate her better. Bunny curiosity know no bounds....

Best of luck with your new little guy!!! He is a doll!!! He has probably been added to many bunny-nabbing lists...:p

myheart

Buttercup looks so happy in his new home! And so very lucky to have found you!

[align=center]
BunnyBlog.jpg
[/align]

December 20, 2008

Today Buttercup got some pampering and spoiling. There is an exotic vet up the street from the is also rabbit savvy. At this vet office they also have a grooming salon inside. I called and asked if they groom rabbits and sure enough they do. So I took Buttercup in and got his nails done and they also gave him a good brushing. The groomer is also a bunny owner and Buttercup behaved so well for her. Buttercup turned on the charm and just had the groomer totally smitten with him by the time she was done.

After Buttercup was done at the groomer I went to the store and bought him some fleece in several different colors and various toys. Along with a basket he can chew up and toss around.
101_1653.jpg

Laying on his new fleece

We were home most of the day as well so the kids made sure Buttercup got all caught up on attention getting. Sarah decided to hang out with Buttercup on her bed while she watched a movie. Normally I wouldn't agree to this but Buttercup seemed to be enjoying himself so much I didn't have the heart to take him down.
101_1655.jpg

101_1662.jpg

101_1663.jpg

Giving Sarah kisses

Buttercup also got play time in the kitchen. This is the little play area for him. Don't worry about all the marks on the edges, those were already there but I do plan on bunny proofing.
101_1667.jpg

Latest posts

Back