Might not be getting a Flemmy now..

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bunsforlife

Reaction score
Well I was helping my mom out today, she is thesecretary of our church, and when a parishoner passes on, she oftensupervises a luncheon ( The cooking and stuph) for the friends andfamily. Well since I knew this gentleman who passed, I camein before work to help.

I was working when I heard 'mew<pause> mew<pause>' and was told by our janitor that a mom cat hadbabies in a crawlspace near the kitchen. He also said 2 hadbeen pushed out of the nest and passed on. So I went toinvestigate. I peeked into the crawlspace but there was nomomma cat! She had moved her litter elsewhere (further into thebuilding's attic) but had left one tiny kitten behind

I am guessing the baby is a little over a week old. It hadgrey fur, but eyes and ears were closed. The janitor (A bigsoftie at heart) collected the baby and brought it to thevet. So if the baby survives, I may opt to adopt him/herinstead of a Flemmy. My husband loves cats so it shouldnt betoo bad, however he was thinking about bringing one of his parents catsinto our apartment... so we shall see...

Anyway, if I get the kitty, and it turns out to be a boy, I may name him Matthias since our parish is Saint Matthias ::smiles::

Anyway, I was bored at work and thought I would Share this little story

That's a great story!! And a greatname. I love cats. I wouldn't trade mine for morebuns, but I wouldn't trade my buns for more cats....sooo....I'd have atough choice.

Jen

I love cats and kittens...but you know...they getalong well with flemish (at least my 3 cats do). Can't yousomehow have both?

Peg - a flemish mom who will probably ALWAYS have a flemish from now on

::Laughs:: It all depends... once we move intothe new apartment we can see how things work out. The kittenhas a home even if I cannot take him/her (The Janitor REALLY is asoftie) Things may work out ::smiles:: I am sure since thekitten will grow up among bunnies she wont have an issue withGuinevere. Guinevere loves everyone, and LOVES to play withcats. So we shall see, I will keep you updated =)

Hibunsforlife,

Congratulations on your new addition.:)

Someday when you're ready, you'll geta Flemish. Inthe meantime, I hope you enjoy every minute with all of your furballs.

-Carolyn

Well the kitty isnt a new addition yet... she/hehas to survive the next month. Luckily the vet that is takingcare of the kitty is VERY experienced in this sort of thing.And the kitten is guarenteed a good home ::smiles::

I have high hopes that the kitten will be fine now that it's getting the love and attention the little one needs.

Keep us posted.

-Carolyn

Latest posts

Back