Might be gettin a new Bun!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

honeybunnie8

Reaction score
Well I might be getting a new bun.. He would bea French lop Giant Flemish mix. He is gray and has the loppy ears..Ishould be going to see him tomorrow and see if we hit if off...orreally if my boyfriend and him hit it off...:DHe is about 3months old. The lady who has him says he has a nice personality...

Before we bring him home though, that is if we do, is there anything Ishould know about the giant breeds. Right now I have my buns in anenclosure in the living room. They live on carpet and are potty trainedand have about a 10x6 foot area. I know I will be keeping him in a cageaway from them for quarantine at first, but later are there anyprecautions I should take? I have a Mini Rex and a English Spot mix.

Also, do the bigger breeds need bigger toys?

Bonding can be a very tricky process. There aretons of articles about it in the Rabbit References section and if youdo a quick search online (Google, etc.) you'll find lots of informationabout that. Also, if you use our search bar and search "bonding" youshould find lots of helpful information. Generally, the big breeds canstill play with little toys, as long as they're not too small orfragile so parts of it can't be digested. Larger toys are definitelyappreciated by larger bunnies, though! After all, that would be likegiving a Great Dane a mini-tennis ball that was meant for a chihuahua!:D

Good luck... hope you (or rather, the boyfriend) like him!

Unfortunately the lady who has him canceled atthe last minute. I guess she was on call and something had to happenright before she needed to leave.:(So we will have to meet the lil bunnext weekend...one more week of waiting...:waiting:We were all readytoo. I had the cage all clean and sanitized and i knew where i wasgoing to put him, and had the carrier ready....needless to say we werea tad disappointed.

Bonding between the bunnies is going to have to wait until later. Myfemale is unspayed at this time and I don't need any "extra"bunnies...:bunnydance::)

Latest posts

Back