Midnight

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Midnight01

Reaction score
hey everyone, hope veryone had a good holiday,or well, thanksgiving:), same thing. anyways, Midnight has been actingpretty strange latley. he is like 10 months now, will be a year injanuary. i got him neutered when he was 7-8 months, wow it wasnt toolong ago. he did great, he has potty trained himself, and stuff, buthes always grunting at me, which is a sign of aggression. he alwaysgrunts when i go to put him, and he runs away, or when i open his cage.or even if i bend down for him to come over, he rushes at me andgrunts. 95% of the times i play with him he grunts. i just dont get it.he also did this before the neuter as well. people say its the"teenage" years of a rabbit, but when will those end. he never lets mepick him up, and yea, rabbits are alot of the times afraid of heights,or just dont like being picked up, but the only time i can lie downwith him or get close to him is when hes lying down and i approach himslowly, or if he comes to me and i start petting him and he lies down.that happens every so often. doesnt anyone know whats going on withhim. my dad thinks i should just give him away, since i cant be soclose with him, and raising them is wuts fun (but thats not gonnahappen =]). ive tried everying to be closer to him but he just wont.any advice

P.S.- i know ive posted about this before, but just wanted to let ppl know nothings changed:(

Does he take an aggressive stance when hegrunts? There's different types of grunting. My Flemish, forexample, grunts when he's running around and having a good time. Itsounds like this "rushing" and grunting and grunting while you'replaying may just be Midnight expressing his pleasure vocally.Seriously consider the situation when he grunts. Is there a reason whyhe would be aggressive or angry? Or does he seem to do it when he'shaving a good time? Gunting does not always equal aggression.

well he does do it out of pleasure, i mean thatstrue, i mean when he does it he hops really high in the air which itake it hes having fun. but sometimes he does take a position, and alsohe could be mad at me cuz he wasnt played with yesterday. but he doesit when heis played with as well. and sometimes whenhe does it, he digs his paws at me, but hes never bitten, ever. unlesswhen im doing my hw and hes trying to chew threw my clothes:D. do youthink he will ever like, stop the grunting, and chill out. i have toadmit he was alot more mellow before his neuter.

Some rabbits are just more vocal than others.It's not a matter of "chilling out," it's him trying to communicatewith you. He'll no sooner stop grunting than you will stop talking orthan a cat will stop meowing, you know what I mean? Just be glad it'sfairly quiet.

Sounds like you would benefit from checking out the Language Of Lagamorph website.
http://www.muridae.com/rabbits/rabbittalk.html

It sounds as though some of your behavior could be seen asthreatening. Standing over him for example. Mine always run if Iapproach them that way.

Some rabbits are also more vocal than others. I have a HollandLop that makes all sorts of noises all the time, includinggrunting.

If I were you I would take each time he does it, stop and thinkwhat is going on when he does it. Is something good happening or bad.Really read the link body and ear placement mean alot. What you aretaking as aggression can be playful or happiness.

Tina

Latest posts

Back