Meat Rabbits? Questions.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RattiesSix

Reaction score
Well... I try to stay off craigslist, but I'm kind of a sucker. I was looking in the farm and garden section (You can get local, good quality hay for a couple dollars for a huge bale of timothy and/or orchard grass).

The topic was: Young Meat Rabbits $5 :nerves1

So... I popped in and read it.

"Young California/ New Zealand cross meat rabbits, 6 1/2 weeks old and ready to go. Would also make nice pets. There are 6 to choose from. $5.00 each Cash Only. Call (Phone number) or e-mail. "

bunniesssss.jpg

Well... I emailed the guy to see what he had left, and he has the little white one. I'll be picking it up probably on Monday.

They were born and raised outside, so s/he will be going on my back porch. But on to my questions...

I've never had a big bunny that is MINE before. My mom had one years ago. How big should I expect him to get?

Also, what size pen should he have? I have a friend who has a large hutch that she wants to give me. So I'm probably going to get in and modify it.

Also... Names?

Aww, a new baby. I have actually seen a mix of these two rabbits before and I gotta say he was a cutie and sooo sweet. He wasn't a 'big' rabbit but has some size, good for squishing I think.

you should expect 8 to 10pounds adult weight. but don't hold me to that. ive seen NZ and cali's going up twards 12 pounds before.

Latest posts

Back