Meadow is getting mean...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

meadowsmom

Reaction score
My normally sweet dwarf bunny Meadow is all of a sudden biting us... what is wrong and what can I do?

Is she per chance around five or six months old?

Welcome to the board! :D

Is your bunny spayed or neutered? How old is Meadow? My bunny started acting up once he reached puberty.

Jenn

Well we have had her since last summer so she'sunder a year old. She was fine until we got her a new biggercage and she started throwing things around. She's been inthe cage a few months and seems to like it, but we put in a few thingswhen we got it to use as litter box (both of which she chose to sleepin instead). In the morning we'd find her throwing them allover the place and making a mess. I made the mistake of goingin the cage to clean the mess and she got very mad and chomped on myhand. She's never shown any aggression before. Iguess my daughter got nipped one morning as well. Now we areconsidering selling her. I just feel like she's trying totell us something and we just don't understand her. I got thehint that she didn't want help "reorganizing her home" butshe never gets to come out and play because we are so busy, and nowwe're afraid of her. I just don't know what to do.:(

Oh and no she's not spayed or neutered.We have never taken her to the vet because she has never seemed "off"in any way until now.

animals need to have check ups too.. even if they dont seem 'off'..

spaying or neutering can help calm down agressiveness sometimes. soundslike your bunny is just being territorial of her new cage.it's 'hers' and she's just trying to tell you that.. i've read a fewplaces that you shouldnt clean a cage if the rabbit is still in it.. isthere any way you can let her run around a little while you clean? ifshe doesnt get a lot of run time maybe she's frustrated or bored aswell..

She is making a mess in the cage because she isfrustrated.. She wants out, my lil girl does this if I have a very busyday and am late getting to her for her play time..

She is biting you because that is her home, my lil girl grunts at me ifI try to straighten up in her cage while she is in it, so I do it whileshe is out on playtime..

My advice would be to let her out for at least an hour every night, (ifonly 1/2 hour, somethings much better than nothing) She needs run timeand attention time.. Rabbits love to be petted.. My lil girls runs andruns when she first gets out and if you try to pet her she plays achasing game with you lol but when she is done (about 1/2 hour later)she hops right up in my lap and sits there for about 1/2 hour then backat it she goes, and the cycle goes on.. Straighten her cage up on herruntime, then ther will be no more baby girl telling you to leave hermess alone lol

Latest posts

Back