Maybe Getting a Flemish

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jen,

Calf Manna is in pellet form, and any Agway or TSC should have itavailable. Check your feed stores. Don't recall the section, I justasked at the desk for it. A 5 lb. bag is all you'd need.

(Gee, ya didn't pump Tina, Jenniblu, Amy, or Nichole up too much, did ya?)

-Carolyn

As for having a Female Flemish,

She follows me and watches me to make sure I'm okay and happy.

She loves having Mother/Daughter Time.

When one of the bunnies have trouble, she's right there to help me check on them.

She takes care of me, instead of me taking care of her.

When I'm sad, she trances in my arms and takes it all in for me.

And, no matter what time of day or night I pet her, she kisses me somuch that I have to make her settle so that I can return some of thelove she's given me.

She's a Lady - she's a natural-born nurturer.

:dude:

Oh, maybe I want a girl....I just can'tdecide....Cali sounds like such a sweetie, but so does Apollo....Myaunt and uncle used to raise them, so maybe I'll call them and see whatthey thing.

I looked at the TSC web site, and the only calf manna they listed was a50 lb bag!! I know flemish eat a lot, but I don't think Ineed that much. LOL

Jen

Jen,

If you want a baby: get a buck

If you want a best girlfriend/sister: get a doe.

No matter what you do, you can't go wrong.
Go with your heart. You said "him", get a buck.

I just had to give you a glimpse of what Life is like with my Cali-Girl and speak out for The Girls. :dude:

(keep hunting for 5 lb. bags of calf manna. PM me if you can't findit. Agway sells it in 5 lb. bags. Any feed storefor farm animals should be able to steer you towards it.)

-Carolyn

It's in the feed section. I found itwhere they sell chicken, rabbit, goat and calf food. It comes in a bagof 5 lb. pellets.

I am sooo excited. You said you are not for sure pish posh. Iam thrilled to pieces you called a breeder and are getting ready foryour baby already.

Flemish

Tina

cirrustwi wrote:
Oh, maybe I want a girl....I just can'tdecide....Cali sounds like such a sweetie, but so doesApollo....My aunt and uncle used to raise them, so maybe I'll call themand see what they thing.

I looked at the TSC web site, and the only calf manna they listed was a50 lb bag!! I know flemish eat a lot, but I don't think Ineed that much. LOL

Jen
Whatever you get sounds like you will have one big sweet bunny. Oh I can't wait until you get one!!!!

F-L-E-M-I-S-H YEAH!!!!!

cirrustwi wrote:
Ilooked at the TSC web site, and the only calf manna they listed was a50 lb bag!! I know flemish eat a lot, but I don't think Ineed that much. LOL

Jen

WhenI was first looking for Calf Manna I looked on the TSCwebsite and found it only in 50 lb bags too. However, when I went to myTSC they had it in 5 and 10 pound bags.As far as location. itshould be in the in the area near the cattle feed as its a milkreplacer for cattle.

Congrats on getting a Flemish! I don't have room for aFlemish or I would think about getting one LOL! First I'd have togradually up the size of rabbits that I handle LOL! Goingfrom a Dwarf Hotot size to Flemish is quite a jump LOL!

Jenniblu wrote:
Whatever you get sounds like you will have one big sweetbunny. Oh I can't wait until you get one!!!!

F-L-E-M-I-S-H YEAH!!!!!
No Doubt, Jenniblu!

Any word on when we can see pictures of the baby?

Any more progress in when/if you can get him/her?

-Carolyn

Oh, I'm definitely getting him!!!! I'mso excited! I talked to Shawn about it tonight and he waslike: I don't know why you ask, you'll do it no matter what Isay. He doesn't have to do the cleaning or feeding, so itdoesn't matter to him.

I e-mailed her a couple of minutes ago, so I should know tomorrow whenI can get him. I'll get her web site and post it, so everyonecan see pictures. She only has pictures of the does from thatlitter on the site and the parents, but it gives the idea.

I'm hoping to get him this weekend so I can get him settled before Ileave for Hawaii in 2 or 3 weeks (I'm not exactly sure when I go,because my trip to LA has changed).

I have millions of questions, but I can't think of any rightnow. Ok, wait, here's one: I feed my over 6 mon. old bunniestimothy pellets and Orion and Saphy will go on those at 6 mon. too, butwhen should the flemish go on them? I'm sure he needs alfalfalonger, but how long?

Thanks,

Jen

YAY! A BOY!!:D:D:D

I love the big boys. They are the biggest babies on earth. (not that I don't love my girls too!)

Rose

I just got an e-mail from her: we're picking himup on Saturday evening!! I'm going crazy, just tons of stuffto do before then, but I'll get it done. It's going to be along week.

It's funny, I didn't think I wanted a sandy. I really wanteda black or a blue, but when I saw the pictures, I fell inlove. And she's just the nicest person, she Knows her stuff,which is why I decided to get from her. It's so funny, Iasked if she showed them and she said she doesn't show the doe becauseshe doesn't like to travel. LOL I really didn'tthink too many buns liked to travel.

Here's her web site:

http://niccisbunnyloft2.friendpages.com

Jen

So, I think I'm just now processingeverything. Yesterday was a huge day, I was on informationoverload last night (I got no sleep). On top of getting theflemish, Shawn got a promotion. It's good and bad.It means he'll be flying different aircraft, which in the long runmakes him more marketable and in the airline industry, that's reallyimportant. It also means he'll have less flights, but moredays out of town because he'll have to fly internationally.I'm happy for him, but we don't see each other as it is now, so....Idon't know, I'm not as happy as I should be and I don't think he iseither.

Ok, I'm still really excited about the flemish, I just have so much onmy plate all of a sudden. But he'll cheer me up and thecritters keep me company when Shawn, they poor guy, is flying toEurope. Let me tell you how bad I feel for him. LOL

Sorry to rant/complain...I just needed to vent and I know people here will understand. Thanks for that.

Jen

Hi Jen!

SoSaturday's The BIGDAY?!?!

VERY EXCITED about this for you. I love the SandyFlemish. They're so gorgeous.I just can't wait tohear about all the details. Will you have your choice of theboys or does she have one picked out just for you?

I'm so sorry to hear that Shawn's promotion is sobittersweet. My hope and prayer for the both of you is thathe's able to get his time in and after a year or so, he'll be able tomove on and get somethingmore acceptable to yourschedule. When does it start for him? Will he bewith you to get The Beast on Saturday?

-Carolyn

Carolyn -- I get the pick. She has 4bucks, so it's going to be tough. LOL She actuallyhasn't sold any of the litter yet, so this will be the first to go.

Shawn's going to go with me then we're going to be bad parents and dropthe baby off at my friend's house so we can go to dinner to celebratehis promotion. It actually works really strangely.He has to go though tons of training on the new planes, so he probablywon't actually be doing the international thing for at least ayear. This company is actually the best schedule for acorporate pilot. Most of them are gone 15 days, back 15days....so I just have to adjust, but I will. It's not likeI'm not busy enough with the critters now, but when I have a house totake care of too...I think it's going to be fine.

I know you'll be fine,Jen.

It's just as you said, getting used to the change is the hardestpart. Once you get into your own groove, I'm sure there aregoing to be aspects of it that you enjoy a lot.

You get the Pick of the Litter??? Lucky, Lucky,Lucky.

Those little ones in the litterboxare so cute.Can't imagine picking one. They look so small andsweet. I can't wait to hear all about our new boy.Hope you and Shawn are having fun picking out a name for the littlemon. You'll be tempted to pulla Tina; goforone, but come home with2.

-Carolyn

CONGRATULATION

I am so happy for you. Iams still looking for that site I told you about.

Congratulations on the promotion also. I totally understand howyou feel about the whole thing. Dale left this morning for a reallylong trip out to finish training and uh it's hard. I feel like you do,I have my shin, fur, scale and feather friends to keep me company andit really helps.

I can't wait to see your new baby. I am just so excited for you.

Tina

Carolyn-- I think I'm going to let him name him,but I'm think Sampson...we'll see. We can only have1!! I don't have room for 2 right now. I thinkmaybe we'll get a girl eventually, but not right now. It'sgoing to be tough to resist, but that's why I'm taking Shawn with me,although he's having a hard time saying no right now. (Heacts tough, but he's really a softie.) I fell in love withthat litter box picture, but the one of the does made me melt.

Tina -- The animals are great company. They make mesmile. And I have wonderful friends who will begreat. I'll post pictures of the new baby as soon as I havesome. I still have the ones of Saphy on my camera -- I needto post those too. LOL

Jen

Latest posts

Back