lucy's fur is staines

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lucylocket

Reaction score
hi all

i think lucy is sleeping in her litter tray as this morning all her bum and lower back is yellow

can anyone help to stop this

i was thinking of buying her a cat bed

varna xxxx

Hi varna,

Binkie started sleeping in her litter pan a while ago.

She would start out by digging most of the litter out of the pan, too. It got very frustrating

She finally got so dirty that we had to bathe her. We used a littlewash tub with a couple of inches of warm water and Dawn dishsoap. Welined the bathtub with towels and then put the little wash tub in thebathtub. The whole thing was rather comical when Binkie would hoparound on the wet towel going "kersplat..kersplat". She seem to enjoyit and LOVED the blowdryer :D

I ended up putting a plastic screen in her litter pan so she couldn'tlay directly on the litter. I custom made the screen from something Ihad laying around. I'll take a picture of the one I made and post itlater on. SHe used the litter pan to poop and pee, but not to sleep inany more. She's also stayed clean, too.

I bought a litter pan that had one of those clip on top/deflectorthingies...like the one below. I put the litter in and then the screenand then clipped the top on. The top keeps her from being able to getthe screen out.

Hello

In the pet shop the other day I saw some foam cleaner that wasspecially for rabbits. You just sprayed in on an rubbed it in to theirfur and it cleaned off stains on thier fur.

Cant recall what it was called, might be worth checking out localpetsmart. Next time I'm in I'll write down the name of it for you.

ND

Hi Jim,

I was just wondering what kind of plasticscreenyou use because I tried to use ones that you buy in thecraft section in Walmart but I didn't like them b/c when I cleaned themI couldn't get rid of the urine smell. Any suggestions?

i was thinking of trying a very small holed plastic canvas

you get it in the uk in the craft shops

would that work jim

lucy is getting her injection tomorrow

im worried about her bum and the colour of her fur will mention it tomorrow

will keep you all informed

varna xxxx

crescent wrote:
I was just wondering what kind of plasticscreenyou use because I tried to use ones that you buy in thecraft section in Walmart but I didn't like them b/c when I cleaned themI couldn't get rid of the urine smell. Any suggestions?
Hi Crescent,

Why don't youpour some vinegar into the bottom of your litter box and soak the screen in that.

Rainbows! :angel:

northerndancer wrote:
In the pet shop the other day I saw some foam cleaner thatwas specially for rabbits. You just sprayed in on an rubbed it in totheir fur and it cleaned off stains on thier fur.

I remembered that Buck suggested that a50/50 solution of vinegar and water to spray and wipe thepaws on rabbits. Maybe this could also beused for the bunny's bum.

Pet_Bunny wrote:
Hi Crescent,

Why don't youpour some vinegar into the bottom of your litter box and soak the screen in that.

Hi Pet_Bunny,

I've tried but it doesn't work.. I suppose it made it a bit better..but I couldn't use it again cuz I knew the next time the smell would beworse. It's like putting spaghetti sauce in tupperware and you can'tclean away the stain or the smell.

Latest posts

Back