Lucas a show bun?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bossman

Reaction score
I bought Lucas 2 weeks ago in hopes of showing him and breeding him in the future. I posted him on Rate my Bun but I would like someone to pick athim and point out his flaws so I know what to look for when picking out a doe for him.

280l8w1.jpg

1zqy91d.jpg

I LOVE his ears! They're gorgeous! Do you know how long they are? They're really well rounded. He looks like he'll be a good show bunny; his shoulders seem like they're lacking a little fullness (?) and his hindquarters look very nice!

I'm sure Pam will be able to tell you more, as I don't know much, but EL's are something I do know about. But, I may be wrong about the shoulders, so yeah.

Emily

He appears to be a little young (how old is he?)and still has more developing to do. Can you get him posed a little better? (His rear toes need to be even with his hip - they are pushed too far forward). Also be sure the front toes are even with his eyes. Can you also get rear shots and a view from the top? He does have a dip behind his shoulders, but properly posed may look a little better.

He looks like he has nice depth over his hindquarters. One of the most common faults in the EL is lack of fullness throughout the hindquarters. He does appear narrow in the shoulders and weak in the midsection, but he's still young and filling out. (When viewed from the top, there should be a taper from the front to the back, rather than an abrupt division of shoulder-midsection-hindquarter).

He does appear very promising! You'll have to let us know how he does at the shows.

How long are his ears? They look a tad short right now in relation to his body, but have excellent width and nice, rounded tips.

Pam

Hehe, thanks Pam. I really want to become a judge...I always judge the rabbits on the table while the judge is doing it; sometimes I'm write, sometimes I'm wrong, but it's fun to listen what they say while you are secretly judging on the other side, that way you understand better.:biggrin2:

Emily

Latest posts

Back