Lone Bunny

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kizza

Reaction score
Rocky is a year old now and he is starting to not do very much.

I used to have to hunt him down in the backyard to get him to go back in his cage so I could go to work, but now days (after getting the snip) he pretty much just sleeps in the corner and is very reluctant to do anything at all.

I know bunnies will slow down after neutering, but slow down this much? Is that normal?

I think he is a little lonely as he is a lone bunny and I am not able to get another bunny for him to bond with at the moment, so it is just me and him.

The longer he goes without a mate, will it be harder to bond him with another bunny? Also, any tips on how I can get him to do something? He has the run of the house and the backyard at least 3 hours in the afternoon and lately he had been getting out for a few hours in the morning also.

is he food motivated if he is get one of those balls that you can put treats in ... sophie use to be a lazy bun but i bought her one of those and she will chase it around the house all day long if i'd let her lol she's so cute when she does it too

I haven't had much luck with toys but I will give it a go! He will have a sniff and then gets bored with it :S I am worried he isnt exercising enough

Fraggles is also a lazy house bun. I don't think there is an age limit for bunny bonding. Fraggles dislikes other buns so we leave it at that. But maybe you should take him to a rescue and see if any of those lovely ladies catches his eye. Good luck.

I would love to adopt another bunny but unfortunately I dont have the means at the moment. If i had it my way I would adopt a few little critters :)

Its a shame because I think he would get on great with another bun and he loves everything, even my dogs who cant see him or dont care much for him lol

I wish we had rescues here. All we have is the RSPCA and they really only care for cats and dogs :(

Latest posts

Back