Little Miracles Rabbit Rescue (EDIT: STOP THE NEGATIVITY!)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ugh, they remind me of a certain kind of bug. ;)

I find the below quote HILARIOUS in a very pathetic kind of way. I mean, really? How dare they compare themselves to them or even think this situation is anywhere NEAR the same. GRRRR.

Quote by Bunnies 4 Justice: "BUNNY JUSTICE IS THE SEA SHEPHERD AND CREW, KC AND HER MINIONS ARE THE JAPANESE WHALERS! You may not like out tactics but we fight the good fight no one was brave enough for. We will fight until justice is served! Tomorrow a new campaign starts."

Some how I am doubting there will be anything new....

Just a side note, while I hate whaling myself and am very against it, the Sea Shepard and crew seem a bit nuts to me too!

Haha...I remember reading all this on FB...I can't believe I found it on this forum too...I adopted my two bunnies from LMRR...Mine seem ok & I have seen the inside of the NJ shelter...She has a big place to house a lot of bunnies, but maybe she does have too many...I have been really confused what to believe about LMRR, but I have my good & bad things to say, so I'm left undecided...I feel bad now for any time I left my bunnies with a dirty cage though! Oh my I don't want anyone coming to my place cause my bunnies always make a mess and I don't always clean it up right away...lol

I too wanted to believe that this woman was a victim of harrassment. But I can tell you now that it is warranted. The rescue now has over 130 animals (buns, guinea pigs, etc.) who are being housed in every square inch and are not cleaned but once a week if that. The volunteers keep coming and going b/c Ms. Corson mistreats them in person and online. That is a fact. She is now becoming a hoarder by refusing to adopt out bunnies in particular that people request, claiming they are her "personal" pets. But they live at the rescue. Is that the true meaning of rescue? She now PERSONALLY owns at her own residence besides several animals 4 Flemish giants (2 of whom were requested to be adopted out but she has now made "spokesbunnies" of the shelter). How many Flemish giants does 1 person need? I have seen recent pix of the shelter in its condition and the buns are FILTHY. The place gets cleaned when important people come to visit (major $ contributors from outside the state) and such occasions, but cleaning litter boxes for bunnies once a week is sickening. Many of us are so disgusted with the behavior of this woman. I now believe all the stuff that happened in Florida was true as we are seeing it here in Jersey.

hereinjersey wrote:
I too wanted to believe that this woman was a victim of harrassment.  But I can tell you now that it is warranted.  The rescue now has over 130 animals (buns, guinea pigs, etc.) who are being housed in every square inch and are not cleaned but once a week if that.  The volunteers keep coming and going b/c Ms. Corson mistreats them in person and online.  That is a fact.   She is now becoming a hoarder by refusing to adopt out bunnies in particular that people request, claiming they are her "personal" pets.  But they live at the rescue.  Is that the true meaning of rescue?  She now PERSONALLY owns at her own residence besides several animals 4 Flemish giants (2 of whom were requested to be adopted out but she has now made "spokesbunnies" of the shelter).  How many Flemish giants does 1 person need? I have seen recent pix of the shelter in its condition and the buns are FILTHY.  The place gets cleaned when important people come to visit (major $ contributors from outside the state) and such occasions, but cleaning litter boxes for bunnies once a week is sickening.  Many of us are so disgusted with the behavior of this woman.  I now believe all the stuff that happened in Florida was true as we are seeing it here in Jersey.  

While I know first hand all about "rescues" working under fraudulant terms, we're dealing with issues right now as a matter of fact, I can't help but feel this is a little bit of an unwarranted response.

First of all, I ALWAYS grow suspicious of motives when people begin criticising the number of animals someone has. We rescue (As the rabbit hopping club, we get a lot of people dumping their rabbits on us) and we have rehomed close to 40 rabbits. However, we also have 12 of our own, most of which came to us through rescuing. We have been criticised for our high number, but all of them are well taken care of. They all get attention, running time in our bunny play room, recieve Oxbow pellets, unlimited hay, larger cages, veggies every single day, mental stimulation and vet care (We have been spending a fortune on vet care the last two months between Flynn's FHO and Babbitty's teeth problems). I feel that we take better care of our rabbits then a lot of single rabbit pet homes and yet we're still branded as people with more then they can handle by people who have never even seen how we care for our buns.

So, when it comes to the 4 Flemish Giants, I really must raise an eyebrow at the accusatory tone of "How many Flemish Giants does one person need?". What's wrong with having 4 flemmies?

And something that really rubs me the wrong way is "it was requested that these rabbits be adopted out". It was requested by whom, exactly? The volunteers, who really have no reason to be requesting such a thing? The people who surrendered the rabbit, who have no right to be 'requesting' anything?

What is wrong with a rescue owner having pets? IF she was breeding them, I would see something deeply unethical but if not, I don't see a problem.

I have seen pictures of the housing on Facebook, and if these are a proper representation of how the cages really are, I see nothing wrong with them. I understand pics can be decieving but I see no sign of foul play in them.

She has a lot of bunnies to take care of, I'd be rather surprised if she could keep up with once a week by herself. Does she have a steady support of a large number of volunteers? Because one person could never be expected to stay vigilantly on top of all that and it seems like a lot of volunteers are more into finding things to pin on the rescue then helping.

I could be completely wrong. I know how frustrating it is when people are completely taking advantage of animals for their own monetary gain.

When people express interest in adopting the rescue animals and the rescue owner says no for no apparant reason other than wanting another personal animal, is that the true meaning of rescue? When that animal will now stay in it's cage with no play time and live in it's own filth for a total of a week? There are a steady stream of volunteers, BUT Ms. Corson goes through them like paper towels because she is a. difficult to work with. 2. insulting to the staff. 3. not there in person herself so heaps tons of work on 2 or 3 unsuspecting volunteers until they get totally burnt out. I know it sounds harsh but this rescue would be a wonderful thing if someone else was running it.

and the reason I ask about the flemmies is because people are extremely interested in adopting them, but when one is found it then becomes the rescue owner's personal pet instead of adopting it out. So I would describe this behavior as hoarding. How many personally owned pets does a hoarder make?

hereinjersey wrote:
and the reason I ask about the flemmies is because people are extremely interested in adopting them, but when one is found it then becomes the rescue owner's personal pet instead of adopting it out. So I would describe this behavior as hoarding. How many personally owned pets does a hoarder make?
Does the Gloucester or Cumberland Counties Health Depts aware of this issue? If not, why hasn't it been reported? They don't announce their arrival. At least they are not supposed to.

K:)

hereinjersey wrote:
and the reason I ask about the flemmies is because people are extremely interested in adopting them, but when one is found it then becomes the rescue owner's personal pet instead of adopting it out.  So I would describe this behavior as hoarding. How many personally owned pets does a hoarder make?

Hoarding is a term that is thrown around a lot these days but people use it without truly knowing what it means. It has nothing to do with the actual number of animals you have, but the psychological portion, leading to why the person wound up keeping them.

A hoarder would not be adopting anything out, period. If a rabbit goes through those doors, they would be staying, that is just an animal hoarders behavior. In their mind, no one will be able to care for that animal the way they do and they would never willingly relinquish the animal to anyone else. These animals would not be receiving proper care or vet care (And from what I have seen from postings online, they do seem to spend a lot of money on vet care).

So no, this would not be a hoarding situation.

I would agree with Karen. Report it and if nothing comes of it, obviously the situation isn't as bad as thought before. Sometimes it takes someone else with no bad feelings towards the person running it to give a clear view on what's happening.

Like I said, it's entirely possible this could be a terrible situation. I can definitely sympathize with the frustration of feeling helpless in a "rescue" situation.

At the point we have had trusted members become involved with this rescue, go into thier facilities on several occassions, work on large scale rescues and transports. They all say the opposite of what you are reporting. One of the people who has looked into this I trust more than most in my life. So until actual real evidence is presented and actual charges pressed (which I doubt will ever happen) I would like people to refrain from posting negative comments.

Thank you for your response. The vet for this rescue has now quit and reported the rescue to the board of health, so hopefully the proper authorities can get involved now. I appreciate this board and all the work that you do.

I am located in Florida, but am a personal friend of Kristie and many of the volunteers of the rescue. I have been there numerous times (I travel to Cherryhill, NJ every few months) most recently as the beginning of April. I will be there again May 5th and will be spending 3 days at the rescue before my conference starts. I have never seen anything amiss there.

They are under the jurisdiction of Camden County. They have passed numerous inspections by both animal control and the health department. Yes, I am aware that their vet quit. There are many reasons for this. One reason is that Dr. Lori found out that they engaged a new vet because the rescue wasn't happy with her.

Flemmies happen to be a personal favorite of Kristie's. They are VERY rare to run across in rescue. I've volunteered for Gainesville Rabbit Rescue in FL for 4 years and there has been a total of two come into rescue during that time. Kristie has three personal bunnies right now. Hoarder??? They adopt out several bunnies every week. Hoarder??

Are you bitter because you were turned down for adoption? There are many good reasons why a rescue will turn down a potential adopter. We are all VERY careful about who we adopt out to.

Please feel free to send me a PM if you have any questions I can answer.

I was never ever turned down to adopt a bunny for any reason whatsoever. I did adopt a bunny from there and even found the adoption process to be much less complicated than Luv-N-Buns. I have no personal vendetta against Ms. Corson. I do not like to see animals neglected.

hereinjersey wrote:
I was never ever turned down to adopt a bunny for any reason whatsoever. I did adopt a bunny from there and even found the adoption process to be much less complicated than Luv-N-Buns. I have no personal vendetta against Ms. Corson. I do not like to see animals neglected.

I'm a little leary of what kind of health reports come out of Camden County. I've dealt with them on another issue in the past and boy definitely found out not interested in health issues.

I hope that all the facts come out about this. And hope the results of this complain is published. It all should be about the Rescued bunnies, but I do know how politics rears its ugly head in all aspects of Camden County and can cloud the real issue.

There are good and bad in all IMHO. Hope the light is shown on this so that the mission doesn't get lost. And bunnies don't suffer.

Unfortunately when things of brought to light that one might feel is not right and could be harmful and others don't, the "making it personal" seems to rear up. Shame.

K:)

The animals are NOT being neglected. I am in daily correspondence with a number of the volunteers there. I would also like to add that Dr. Lori and her report to the Board of Health was simply that she was no longer the vet of record for the rescue, as is required.

We have a difference of opinion about your last comment, and we are both in touch with volunteers, so I will have to let it stand at that. My wish is that the bunnies get taken care of and that the volunteers are treated well and that the rescue thrives and that Ms. Corson gets the assistance she needs with that.

Latest posts

Back