Litter Training

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2bunny

Reaction score
I have 2 small rabbits about 3 months old now.They share a cage and refuse to use the litter-box in the cage foranything other than a bed. They pee in every other corner including intheir food dish, I've tried a couple different types of litter with nopositive results. Anyone have any advice? Is this just a phase? Help?!

It could be theirage. I've heard that older rabbits are easier to train than youngerones :)

~Emily and the Fuzzbutts~

you can try putting a litter box in everycorner........and gradually remove the one they are using the leasteventually getting back down to one box. My rabbit, Freddy didnt havehis litter box skills down pat until he was like 4 months or so...

Also .. are your rabbits male or female?? its possible at three monthsfor a pregnancy to occur. and even if where you got them may have sexedthem for you, its been common for ppl to come home thinking they haveone when they really have another.

Good Luck!!!

You may try to put some droppings or soiledmaterial in the litter box to help them get the idea. Theyare very young still. I"m not sure how long they have been inthis cage - it can take a while for them to "pick" a spot.Also put some hay in the litterbox or in a hayrack above it.They like to munch and potty! I use woody pet or similarmaterial. My 4 mos olds just now got reliable!Yippee!

Good Luck - I'm sure they'll catch on.................but good advice on the sexing again - just to be sure!

Latest posts

Back