Litter & Food.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deannaline

Reaction score
I got a 10 month old EA. He was in a cage with wire bottom. So I have him in a condo and well he poo's every where. 2nd day I put a corner litter on the second level of the condo where he was peeing and he has gone pee in that since. Will he stop pooppin every where and eventually go in the litter. I have had bunnies 9 years. I got another at around 2.5 years of age and he did not poop all over and I am sure he had the wire bottom. He is passed now. Bless his heart.
So his poops are the size of allies.. huge. She feed him Pellets, Boss and Hole Oats that she mixed unlimited.
Thoughts.

Dee
Ps.. I am not good at this group.. chat thing.

The first days or weeks in a new home, it isn't unusual for a rabbit to feel the need to mark his territory with poos. It usually subsides in time. The fact that he's peeing where he should is a huge step and most important. I'm not a fan of the corner boxes since they are considerably smaller. I've found that bunnies like larger litter boxes. If they like the box, they are more apt to go in and use it! Top it with hay and they'll like it even more.

Do you know if this bunny is neutered? Neutered rabbits are more consistent with potty habits.

You can improve his diet. Just do so gradually. Not sure the type of pellets you currently have, but you can look here to get an idea of what to look for in pellets. Once your choice is made, simply mix the new pellets with the old to allow him to transition and get used to the new. The site linked explains this in more detail.

He should be getting hay too -- any grass type of hay (not alfalfa). You can give him that right away. Only the hay should be unlimited, not the pellets.

Latest posts

Back