lionhead hair

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kimmeh_121

Reaction score
hello i was just wondering if anyone could give me any info about triming rabbit hair..its just the new addition to the family hes really hairy..and his fringe hair seems to be getting in his eyes i wont be cutting just yet till he settles..oooh forgot:shock:hes a lionhead lol

I have a lionhead too! Although she's lost 50% of her mane.

I mostly had trouble with the hair around her butt (I think it might have been a second misplaced mane). It would get tangled and knotted with hay etc. I would just take a pair of scissors and trim whereI needed to trim when you are holding him. :) I've now since trimmed Pebbles' 'butt warmer'. :D

100_1111.jpg

Just for fun, her little fluffy butt from when she was younger. :)

Hi Kim,

I have 4 lionheads - just be careful when you trim the hair round their eyes as if it is cut quite blunt it can irritate their eyes.

I made the same mistake and Saffron ended up with conjunctivitis from it - a costly trip to the vet just because i had trimmed her hair! you could try brushing it instead, as if your bun is moulting his hair should come out quite easily. Or the vet advised to just wet her hair (with my finger) and kind of brush it out of her eyes.

Hope this helps

We have 2 lionhead girls and when they aregrowing their manes in after a shed we just wet our fingers and pullthem back. If you let it grow out long enuff they will keepit out on their own!!:D

Latest posts

Back