Limited Activity After Neuter

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snuggys Mom

Reaction score
I'm dying to take my new boy, Napoleon out for arun in the back yard. It's been a week since he was neuteredand he's getting cabin fever. His incision looksgood. He has been in my kitchen/laundry room area for sixdays and I think he's raring to go.

Laura

Hey Laura,

I just got the Monkeys done too. I was told 10 days!:shock:Myboys are getting a little depressed I think...:?EspeciallyBuster, he just mopes around all day. I let them run around their roomone at a time, but I can't wait to unleash them, so we may have havockonce more! LMBO!

Monkeys!:)

Hi Lyndsy,

Poor Buster! I hope the boys can play together again after the hormones settle down.

My boy is new. I got him last Monday and had him neuteredWednesday. Before that, he had been stuck in a cage at theshelter, so I know he wants to run. He has really powerfulback legs and I can't wait to see him go full-speed in the back yard!

Laura

Is the recovery time the same on females? I've heard some females might tear out their stitches :shock:

hmmm im guilty of neglect then. we havea house rabbit who is male and he got stroppy he was cooped up so i lethim out the following evening. He was sore but seemed fine -this was indoors though.

I dunno. Time frames are justthat, time frames. We've always used what I call commonsense. Looked at the incision, considered the condition ofthe bun and then gave limited freedom. If that seemed to gowell, we would offer complete freedom of activity...usually within aweek or so.

Point is that buns are capable of responding quickly and healing wellwithin a relatively short period of time if they are healthy initiallyand are loved and cared for, as they do understandwhen we are trying to help them overcome illness or trauma.

Limited freedom might be the route to go, expanding that as no negative factors are encountered.

Buck

My rabbit, Cosmo, was just neutered onTuesday...I blocked off the upper shelf of his cage so he couldn't jumpup onto it and left it like that until today....he doesn't seem to bein any pain and is doing very well....although, the only place he'sever been is in my room, so that's the only place I'll let him go....Iagree with Buck...you've just got to use common sense....if Cosmo hadseemed to be in pain, I would have limited his jumping for longer than2 days....

I tend to feel the same way about it as Buckdoes. Usually, as long as they're not going crazy racingaround and overdoing it, then it's fine. Especially in lightof the fact that you've waited a week already.

I'd at least let them hop around in a limited area and see how theydo. If you think they're moving around too much, you canalways put them back in their cage, but they must be dying to come outand stretch.

-Carolyn

Latest posts

Back