licking your hand

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

herobunnylover

Reaction score
When a rabbit licks your hand what does it mean? Is it for the salt? A way of saying I like you? Please help.

Paiten

Lol, Roxy loves to lick my hand. I figure its away of saying 'I love you'!I'm pretty sure its not the salt.If they are licking you, itsa good thing, they like you!:)

Leanne

Getting licked or as most of us mushytypes call it kisses lol, is very high praise coming from arabbit. They are grooming you and that is noramally only reserved forothers rabbits. So if your rabbit is licking you sit back smile andenjoy it.

Tina

I get lots of Corky kisses...Homer is more reserved in sharing his...mostly for my son...which is ok...cuz he's my son's bunny!

RusselandRoxy wrote:
Lol, Roxy loves to lick my hand. I figure its a way ofsaying 'I love you'!I'm pretty sure its not the salt. If theyare licking you, itsa good thing, they like you!:)

Leanne
It's not salt, it definatly is a sign of affection or a 'thank you.'

Mushrooms never ever ever licks me, even when I spent half anhour grooming him, he still doesn't say thank you! But the other day Iwas giving him a little stroke and he kept leaning into my hand when Iscratched over his hind leg, when I stroked a bit harder he turnedaround and licked my hand for about five minutes while I carried onstroking him!! :p

What a crazy bunny.

Aww that's so nice to know!My Riku occasionally licks my hand too and I didn't know she was givingme her precious kisses! ^_^

LOVE the bunny kisses :)

What does it mean when they put their nose right up to yours?I'm talking whiskers in my nose. Tickles :) Thisusually happens during the kissing session...?

my chloe(he's a boy..long story), never kisses myhand but EVERY time i get out of the bath or shower he runs to my feetand gives licks on my toes......then when he's done i can feel the coldair on it..lol....i guess he sure knows dirty feet from fresh b/c hedoesnt come around my feet unless i JUST got out of the shower

Poppy and Loopy love to give kisses.

With Loppy its a different story, she wont full stop. But, saying thatfor the first time since she was a baby, i received a lovely kiss fromher today. It was GREAT !!!!!

It means a dign of affecton that they love you. Sign of kisses too! lols. Emmy does it when im on the floor laying down :p

Hef gives LOTS of bunny kisses! The first time hedid it, he licked my hand. Apparently it meant "You are taking me homeand you are stuck with me!":D I just love my little man!

Latest posts

Back