kindling

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pamela

Reaction score
what are the signs to tell when a doe is about togive birth as we are not sure we think one of our rabbits in ready togive birth.

[align=center]could you please get back to us soon.[/align]

Some signs that your doe is about to give birth:

1,) Has pulled out hair around her stomach and is using it to make a nest

2,) She looks like she is straining, kinda looks like she is pushing

I cant think of any others right now, I am just having sucha mind blank, but I will let ya know if I think of any more :D

Let us know how the litter does, Good luck!

~Amy

oops sorry :) What I really meant wasthat other countries have different breed names then the US does, thatwould be why I havent heard of it :D Do you have any pictures of her?

~Amy

If you knew they day they were mated Icould tell you if she was pregnant or not. Another way to tell if sheis pregnant or not is to palpate her, here is the linkhttp://www.islandgems.net/palpating.html when she is close to givingbirth sometimes you can see them moving :)

If you have any other questions let us know :)

~Amy

pamela wrote:
she made a nest and pulled fur out and put it in the nest wethen put this in to a nesting box she did this about 2 weeks ago

Ususally they do this only a couple days before they give birth, she might be having a false pregnancy.

~Amy

Have your kids let them in the yardtogether since they were mated the fist time? If so they could havemated again and she could be having a double pregnancy. Is the femalewith the male right now?

~Amy

Back