Kid with issues!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last summer I found a baby wild rabbit in ourback yard and discovered that my cattledog had dug up the nest but notharmed the baby. I called a wild life rehab person near here who toldme to put the nest back together (which I did), keep the dog away(which I did) and put a stick across the top of the nest to see if ithad been disturbed or moved when the mother rabbit came back. The nextmorning I couldn't tell if it had been disturbed by the mother solooked into it and saw 3 baby rabbits all in a row. They were sleeping.I called the rehab person back who told me that the babies (whose eyewere open and had fur) were in the process of leaving the nest at timesand then probably returning to sleep. She told me to keep the dog awayfor several weeks and leave it alone. I thought this was the correctmethod of dealing with wild rabbits and they should only be taken ifthe mother doesn't return or is known to be dead. In somestates I know that it is against the law to try to rehab wild lifeoneself. I don't understand the turn around in thinking in thisthread.

[line][scroll=right]http://members5.freewebs.com/Members/playMediaFile.jsp?token=f152dbfcbc8e5d8710aeb9b05bf&filename=videomsg45.wmv[/scroll]
well theres the address of the site

yes and poopin and peein and alert and quite content with burrowing down into my robe haha

me too
he has escaped 3 times from an unsecure box but now he is ok cuz i got it secured

Glad he's pooping! Just keep an eye out for theyogurt treatrs and limit maybe one a day just so it doesn't upset hisstomach. Have youthought of maybe a rabbit rescue?Personally, I don't like buying rabbits from petshope because they canbe over priced and sometimes aren't healthy and arestressed.If the option of adopting a bunny works with your situation, then thebunny is garunteed healthy, fixed, vaccinated, and most times is lessstressed then being at a petsore with noisy birds. They tend to cost abit more, but they are spayed or neutered (fixing can cost in the $100depending on the situation). Over here, a rescue bunny is around $55.It's well worth your money if you plan on spaying your bunny though!It's your decission though, I just recommend a rabbit rescue or look tosee if your SPCA has any rabbits for adoption.

Do you know if you fertilize your grass? Maybe along with getting thehay grab a few handfulls of fresh grass for the little bunny to nibbleon. Were you going to get it looked at by a vet?

Your doing a good job :D

i think i may have a vet check him over soon but not sure of anything
also i am not getting another one unless something happens to peter (this one) then i may buy one or adopt not sure
thanks for the advice:colors::colors::bunnydance::bunnydance::elephant::elephant::colors::colors::mad::mad::mad::D:D:D

Latest posts

Back