Just had to get it out.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Katrina

Reaction score
So I know this is dumbest thing and no onereally gives a **** but I just had to get something out because myfriends don't get it. I will make it short.

I broke up with my boyfriend of 2 1/2 years in Jan. for several reasonsbut he's the most popular and likable person in the world and I am not(think like hollywood movies: quarterback dates band geek). Anyways,before we dated I had a lot of trust issues due to "father" (like a lotof girls) and he changed all that. We loved each other, we wanted tomarry. I still love him (obviously). He was my best friend. Knew meinside and out. No one knows more about me than him. Anyways, we brokeup and have joint accounts that are in debt(don't ask,dumbest move of my life). I took over our $5000debt (eventhough we both agreed he should take over the higher one because it'smore his debt but I had the perfect credit, he had the crap credit sothey won't let him take over the $5000). And he was supposed to takeover the $3000 3 months ago and we still hold it together. So now I amin $8000 debt (which will take a while to pay off) instead of $5000(which I could pay off in 4-5 months) and to make matters worse he gotinto an accident with my car and hasn't gotten the money to fix it(happened 2 months ago). And my friends are treating me likeshitfor being pissed at him. They're all like "you broke upwith him. He's probably devestated". I don't see devestated. I see aguy that used me and probably lied to me. So yeah, I'm now left with$8000, a brokenheart, and more trust issues than I've everhad in my life. One person please tell me that, although I may havefucked up, I am not to blame forbeing mad that I have notseen any money from this man.

BLAH!

First of all, I'm sorry this happened. Wow....$8,000 debt - plus the car problems - and you're so young.

I'm so sorry this happened - no matter if he's devestated or not (myson just had his fiancee' break up with him - so I understand a bitabout devestation here) - he still should be responsible and help outhere.

This probably is not any consolation but....maybe this will be a "life lesson" about things that may save you in the long run?

I mean - imagine going into debt to buy a house together or something - and then having this happen?

I really do feel bad for you though. He's acting like a jerk and needs someone to kick his butt....can I volunteer?

Peg

Katrina wrote:
So I know this is dumbestthing and no one really gives a poo but I just had to get something outbecause my friends don't get it. I will make it short.

I broke up with my boyfriend of 2 1/2 years in Jan. for several reasonsbut he's the most popular and likable person in the world and I am not(think like hollywood movies: quarterback dates band geek). Anyways,before we dated I had a lot of trust issues due to "father" (like a lotof girls) and he changed all that. We loved each other, we wanted tomarry. I still love him (obviously). He was my best friend. Knew meinside and out. No one knows more about me than him. Anyways, we brokeup and have joint accounts that are in debt (don't ask, dumbest move ofmy life). I took over our $5000debt (even though we bothagreed he should take over the higher one because it's more his debtbut I had the perfect credit, he had the crap credit so they won't lethim take over the $5000). And he was supposed to take over the $3000 3months ago and we still hold it together. So now I am in $8000 debt(which will take a while to pay off) instead of $5000 (which I couldpay off in 4-5 months) and to make matters worse he got into anaccident with my car and hasn't gotten the money to fix it (happened 2months ago). And my friends are treating me like poofor being****ed at him. They're all like "you broke up with him. He's probablydevestated". I don't see devestated. I see a guy that used me andprobably lied to me. So yeah, I'm now left with $8000, abrokenheart, and more trust issues than I've ever had in mylife. One person please tell me that, although I may have ****ed up, Iam not to blame forbeing mad that I have not seen any moneyfrom this man.

BLAH!

I don't care how "devastated" he is, he should be helping you pay off those debts AND fix your car!!

And as for your friends...who needs friends like that?? Sorry, but ifthey can't be sympathetic to your problem because he was such a "greatguy", then they're not being very nice friends to you! After all, $8000in debt is a lot of money for most people, especially someone young!!

My sister's ex husband has a $50,000 debt, and unfortunately her nameis on it too...he had to take it out in both their names because thebank wouldn't have given it to him on his own...now she's worried thatif he defaults, she'll be responsible for it! (She was also out of workfor a few months too, and is only just getting back on herfeet). Boy has she learned her lesson!!!! Worst of all wasthat he spent his money a) on a $20,000 car stereo (??!!) and payingoff his credit card debts...

I guess at the end of the day, you've learned a very important lesson,which is probably a good thing (although it may not feel like it now!)You have to be VERY careful when getting joint accounts with people(even people you trust) and you have to be even more careful aboutjoint debt :)

Fiona

Thanks guys. I needed to hear "I understand.That sucks" from someone for a change. And I did learn a lesson.However, the hard part is I trusted him 100% and now I get all this.Which makes my life harder because I don't trust anyone and now I'mmore fucked up than ever. lol. Welcome to life, huh?

Anyways, thanks for a bit of sympathy guys. I am now past the "feeling sorry for myself" stage but I did need that. lol.

Latest posts

Back