just got a new baby, need advice....

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

darlenenicole

Reaction score
HI everyone....I just bought a dwarfbunny from a petstore last night. I have two older and bigger rabbitsthat i have had for about a year now. Is there anything that a dwarfbunny needs or is there any advice out there from someone who has adwarf. They told me he is about nine weeks old but he looks a lotyounger. I am not sure what the sex is yet. thank u..darlenenicole

Bless your heart. I just got twoNetherlands that are only 5 weeks and4 weeks old. Just makesure they can reach their food and water easily. I wouldn't attempt anytype of bonding until the little one is spayed or neutered.

Watch and make sure they are going potty good, peeing andpooping. You can give the little one some alfalfa hay mixed with thetimothy. My little ones love it.

Congratulations!!

Tina

aaww I remember when blue was ababy give your baby pieces of apple without the seeds nevergive your bunnies the seeds

I ran into this problem with my little ones.

Bunny Proofing.:shock:I have an 18 pound Flemish so Ididn't have to do much. I got Christa and Hopi, 2 pound girls andW:shock:W the places they could get into. I fixed all the problems andthen got Misty and Stormy and :shock::shock::shock:. I am amazed at allthe tiny places they can get into that none of the others can get into.

So you may have to add some modifications to your bunnyproofing.

Tina

i dont really see any poop or wet spots in his cage...this is only the first night that i have had him..should i be worried?

Also since he is so young is it okay to feed him the same pellets thati feed my older rabbits? I dont see him eating anything except forhay....i have even hand fed him some today..but he only ate onebite...i am kind of worried about that.

thank u so much for the help!

Is there any way to find out what the pet store was feeding?

I would keep pushing the hay if he's not pooping.Keep the pellets where he can get them if he wants them. You can alsoadd small amount of alfalfa hay to the timothy hay to help the littleone also.

You can give him a half inch ribbon of Nutrical. Imade the pet store give it to mine. It helps boost them duringstressful times plus boosts the appetite.

My Girls and the Nibblets are all on Purina rabbit chow along with Apollo.

Is he drinking ok? Is there anyway you can be missing wherehe's going potty. See if you can find any poops or pee. I bet thelittle one is sneaking by you lol.

Tina

i am defiantly pushing the hay...he seems to bedrinking water okay when i go in there i can hear him drinking out ofthe water bottle the food i am feeding them is Dumor show quality feed.I just went in there and checked on him there is a couple litte poopiesbut no wet spots. He seems to like to sleep in the litter box. Rightnow he is just inside his hayrack eating hay!!

If he is eating hay he will be fine.You may to try different pellets. Mine only like onebrand. I have tried others and they won't eat them, so Ialways end up going back to the one brand. Don't introducevegetables too soon, he is still young, only start with very smallamounts.

Ed

thank u ed. that makes me better. I just hope ithelps with the popping and peeing.Is there anything else that i shouldgive him?

Your new bunny will need some time toadjust. She is under some stress right now as she isunfamiliar with her new home.

Unlimited Alfalfa Hay and unlimitedalfalfabased pellets would be the bestfor your baby dwarf. Your older bunniesCorbin and Leelo should not have the alfalfathough. Are they outside now?

Rainbows! :angel:

Latest posts

Back