Jamie's drinking more than normal....?!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LadyBug

Reaction score
ok, here's the deal-

Jamie's a 1.5 y/o neutered(mid march, this year) male holland lop. he's just over 5 pounds and had had a water bowl for the last 16(ish) months(he had a bowl from when i got him to mid march) and i got him a 16oz water bottle. at first he was drinking so that i had to refill it once every....4/5 days. then in the last...eh, week...ish he's started drinking a LOT more. i refilled it last night at around 8:30pm and he's drunkhalf of it as of now. this is just a TON more water than what he was drinking, so he's got me worried. when i've changed his litter bow(i use yesterdays news and haven't had this problem with it before) there's also been liquid at the bottom. never had that happen before either. so i'm just really worried........:shock::nerves1

any help would be awesome:)!

Is the urine normal-looking and smelling? When he was neutered, did they do a kidney/liver blood panel? It could be kidney issues, but it could just be the onset of a warm spring/summer.

tonyshuman wrote:
Is the urine normal-looking and smelling? When he was neutered, did they do a kidney/liver blood panel? It could be kidney issues, but it could just be the onset of a warm spring/summer.
can't tell on the color, seems to smell *normal*, if anything maybe a bit less stinky since the neuter. they did not blood work on him.

Just a thought, but have you checked around the area where the bottle is for any wetness? I wonder if the bottle could be leaking? I always had that problem when I used them.

nope, not leaking. i just changed the newspaper underneath the grid(it's plastic and very big. not the kind that hurts their feet) today and it wasn't wet at all :(

Hi Anna. All four of my buns are slurping down the water like it's the last bowl they are ever going to get. Keep in mind that we are having higher than normal temps here. I think the heat is just making Jamie thirsty.

I would also guess it's just the heat since he's young and seems otherwise healthy. Just keep an eye on it, and for things like odor, color, and any hind leg mobility issues.

ok, thanks guys! now i can go to bed :):blushan:

Latest posts

Back