Ivo has cancer!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kimmeh_121

Reaction score
hi,i really dont know what to say,so please try to bare with me.

i went to the vet today just to arrange for ivo to be spayed.

well we got nowhere near arranging it instead the vet tells me she has cancer and its spread to her lungs!

he didnt even explain anything!
he said theres around 35% of survival!

he said there is medication but theres a high chance it wont work!
he saw her befor 3 times and never botherd telling me or he probably didnt even know!

my baby is only 6months and has been through so much!!
i hate this man so much!
im sorry but theres nothing to explain!
he didnt tell me jack as if im not allowed to know or something.

i held her on the way back home and burst into tears if only i knew befor i wouldnt of let her suffer like this!,she acting sort of normal tho,maybe thats why she was scrachin me and so on just to tell me she was really ill!

i feel so guilty!
but if theres anyone that can give me advice please do!!!
i would so much appriciate it!

10122006004.jpg

I think you said it just right.

I am thinking if we can make a list of questions for her to ask the vet. I personaly have never gone through this.

Also any members in the UK that know good vets please let us know. This vet has been of no help.

I am so sorry, i don't know anything about cancer in rabbits but that is such a sad story i take it the diagnosis was picked up in blood work? prob the best thing to do is write down a list of questions for your vet and take them in that way at least you won't forget anything and at least you will get your answers:(

Poor Ivo :tears2:, I am so so sorry to hear this Kim. I know how much you love your rabbits.

I'm not much help with sickness but I am always there for you on MSN if you need to chat. Hopefully you can find a better vet and see abou tgetting some treatment for your beautiful girl.

Hugs:pinkpansy: :hug: :purplepansy:

Wait a minute here. How does he "know"this? I don't understand. My rabbit just had a tumour removed today and is being sent off for biopsy, so I won't even know foranother week to ten days if mine has cancer.

Did he or has he done x rays? Were cells tested that confirms this?

I'm very sorry to hear this. I just don't want you get allupset thinking the worst if that may not be the case. :group:

How does he know? That is very hard to diagnose without actually opening her up. Did he useultra sound, or did he just feel her stomach?

Can you find another rabbit-savvy vet for another opinion?

If he felt "lumps," I wonder if they are actually retained (dead)kits? That means she'd need surgery ASAP before they cause an infection.

hey,yeah i was on the phone to my mum earlier on today,she is going BONKERS..she told me shes going to pick up ivo and take her to that vet her self and make sure he has time to see her and make sure he takes blood x rays whatever it takes to see if she has got it in front of her own eyes!

the reason why he didnt explain anything to me was because his exacts word *im sorry but iv got patients waiting,You will have to call the surgery and ill explain then...

now i realise its really odd and pathetic he should be a vet!
but my mum is really appolled and sick end by this.

but she did how ever say that IF she does have it..
shel want me to put her out of her missery as me and my mum dont want to see her suffer and inch...sorry if people will disagree but i dont want my babys to suffer a single inch!
|
my mum and i are going to make an official complaint if he is however wrong!.
its not right to make people feel scared and so worried and crying most of the day thinking that there babys are going to die! its sick and repulsive!

sorry about my language and my hate in this man!

Ok, so, this is not the worst, as suspected. We can help you to find a rabbit-savvy vet near you. Word out Mods!

I really don't see a real reason to think the worst here. You have NO proof of this.

I'm glad I said what I did earlier, taking a risk, in telling you to take a minute and think, and not think the worst.

:kiss:

No! That is completely ok.The thing is that you got alot of info out at one time and probablydidn't really think abou it because you were so worried.Sometimes, that is good! :)

I'm still not quite sure why the vet thought Ivo has cancer,how did he come to that diagnoses?

This vet sounds really hopeless

cheryl

i think you should go for a second opinion i fthe vet obviously doesnt want to take his precious time to explain to you the rabbits problem.he should ve explained what was going on but maybe he didnt know what to do .:mad:

when domino had cancer my vet knew this because of the hard stomach and he had a cancerous abcess (pipp posted the pics up in the health resource or infirmary) it grew big and then small. he didn't seem to be in pain and he was 15 so i just let him live out his days.

Im so sorry to hear this Kim. I really think you need to find yourself another vet in the area. Maybe you could call around and see if anyone else treats bunnies?

This guy just sounds dodgy. How did he know its cancer and why wouldnt he explain to you? I cant imagine my vet hurrying me along after he just gave me news like that, telling me he has other patients waiting!No Way! I say find someone else who cares for your bunnies as much as you do.

I'll be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

Oh my god that's horrible!!!! :tears2:

Poor Ivo...if her cancer is to a degree where it's that serious, the vet must've know it before....and even if he didn't, why wouldn't he explain it to you??? :tantrum:

Poor thing is only six months old...:( take care of her well, she's such a cute baby ;(

I went back and re-read the beginning of the post. Apparently the vet said that Ivo had cancer and it has spread to his lungs. Did the vet use a stethoscope to listen to his chest? Did the vet feel him in the area of his chest? Does Ivo have any heavy breathing or congestion? Did the vet do any blood work before he told you this? Did you see the vet previous to taking him to be altered.? Is there anything thatoccurred that we haven't heard? You are very upset and it is very understandable but what we need to know is whether you have told us everything about your bunny and his physical condition before he told you this ?

Otherwise what he said makes no sense at all

all he did was take blood and and xray when she was pregnant..he said he was taking the blood because he was concernd about her wieght,as she is really skinny..im sorry iv got nothing else to say!

i wish i did honestly.

my mum's taking ivo to her friends vet wednesday.
so all im really thinking and hoping is that she is OK!

thanks for all the support!
ill let you all know what happens!

Latest posts

Back