I've got my first litter of kits... yay

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amdfarm

Reaction score
:biggrin::biggrin2::biggrin::biggrin2:

Pretty happy!! This was her first time and mine and I'm tickled pink... well dark gray... lol

She had 9, lost 2 and the remaining 7 are fat, healthy and very wiggly. I think that's very good for her first litter. I was very impressed w/ her crazy good fur pulling skills. She took it to a whole nuther level compared to other nests I've seen. I was shocked her dewlap wasn't naked... lol

Going to attempt to post some pics of her kits.

4 escapees.

Hope010.jpg

Her crazy nest.

Hope009.jpg

close up of 2 escapees.... SO CUTE!!!

Hope008.jpg

Another pic of the proud mama. This was when she was 6 months old. Shortly after I got her. Doing her lounge on the rug pose. :)

Hope006.jpg

Congrats! My bunny Josephine had a litter 5 weeks ago and I was totally caught off guard but I was already on here and everyone helped settle my freaking nerves. I was so worried about them getting too cold because of our thermostat being unreliable. All of them but one lived. So much fun!

Oh...you will have such fun with them. That's a good size litter too - I've had flemish have 11 kits and 13 kits....(not all made it though).

Congrats on your litter!

Thanks, Sherill!! How 'hare' raising for you and Josephine!! I'm glad all went well!

Thanks, Peg!! We're going to have so much fun w/ them!! I can't wait til they get older, and I know they grow fast. My breeder had a litter of 17 and they all survived. I can't imagine having THAT many kits. It was funny, as the doe had made two seperate nests and then seperated her kits to make it easier for everyone nurse. He'd move them back into one nest and she'd move them back. After a few days, he took the hint and left them alone. She obviously knew what she was doing since they all survived. Smart doe!

Thanks, Cheryl!! Uh, okay. Why don't you want to do it again? Like you said, SO exciting!! :)

Thanks, Sweetie!! I can't wait. Their mom has a great personality so I can only imagine how her kits will be.

A friend of mine calls herkits Hopelets. hehe :) She loves my big bun and is always asking me how she is.

All the little jumping beans, or popcorn, kits are doing great!

Let Hope out for free time. She binkied all over the place. I'm glad she's happy!

Thanks, Larry!! When I picked her out, I had a choice between 2 blue does and 2 light grays. I picked the light gray.
Okay, but remember you said that, because everyone will probably get tired of me posting baby pics. :D

I took some pics today, but since they were all where they were supposed to be it was kinda hard, not to mention all of their jumping bean action. They wouldn'tlay still. :)

As a breeder of light grays (and steels) - I will be VERY upset if we don't get updates often.

You've got me so excited about an upcoming litter next week - now I can hardly wait.

The funny thing is - it wasn't a planned breeding at all. I had a buck getting exercise outside in a pen and Thunder (steel doe) literally had climbed the pen to get inside with him. (I later saw her try to climb the pen again - not knowing he wasn't in it).

Problem is...Brady is a tort e-lop...Thunder is a steel flemish doe.

Anyway - now I'm getting excited about the litter (finally) after seeing your baby pics...

HAHAHA Peg!! I will do my best w/ the updates. :)

But and elop/flemish cross.... hmmm, wonder what they'll look like? I bet they'll be pretty cute and neat colored/patterned maybe!!

Looking forward to hearing all about your litter w/ updates and pics also! Deal? ;)

Your doe is beautiful, I love light gray flemish. I bet she is a great mama and that is a great looking nest. I had a blue doe that built this huge nest, I thought she was going to go bald from all the fur she was pulling off. She only had one kit that survived, but it was the warmest baby in the world.

Thanks, Dave!! She really is a great mama and I was very impressed w/ her nest building skills. Amazing how they know what to do from instinct. I had to chuckle when I saw ALL of her fur everywhere, not just in the nest, like she did a practice run first then went to the nest. I honestly was shocked she wasn't naked or w/ bald spots after I saw all of her fur. She's not going to be happy w/ me having to run the vacuum today to clean under her cage. She should have thought that thru a little better. :)

Ok Larry and Peg, here are the 3 day old pics. When I checked on them this morning she didn't even come in to supervise like she usually does. Guess she's more comfortable and used me doing it now. Yay!! Such a good bun bun.

The gang.

IMG952011031295191453.jpg

Something new she did last night. I thought it was pretty funny so took a pic of her. She got startled by them squeeking while doing my night check, moved at lightening speed for a big flemish, came in and dove onto them and then stuck her head clear down in the corner. I talked to her calmly and pet her to reassure her all was well and told her, "it's okay, get out" and she did! :biggrin2: Silly bun bun.

IMG952011031295191126.jpg

This is one of the largest kits. S/he was on top so that's who I grabbed. I also got peed on twice!! Amazing how much pee they have for being soooo little.

IMG952011031295191831.jpg

Oh Larry, youcrack me up and make my day!!! :wiggle

I'll do my best. They're not changing a whole lot at this age other than getting bigger. I'm waiting for fur, eyes and ears to be open and then crawling and mini hopping. I'm sure Miss Hope isn't, but I sure am!!! hehe

Latest posts

Back