IT'S ALREADY DAY 32

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

myangel07

Reaction score
Today is officially day 32, i'm almost positivemy little Angel is pregnant. I can feel about 3 large figures insideher but it's getting late. She is a netherland dwarf, does that mean ittakes a few days longer? When should i really start worrying? Should itake her to the vet? If so, when? I just want her to have the littleones, and i don't want her to get hurt. HELP!

Does she act like she is in any pain? Or actinglike she is having contractions but nothing is coming out? That mightindicate a stuck kit, and your best bet would be to take her to a vet,or an experienced breeder.

If not, I would give her a couple more days before you start to worry. The give birth anywhere from 28-35 days.

Here's hoping you have kits soon!

~Nichole

No, she hasn't showed any signs of labor that iknow of. Although when i got home from school today she did seem reallywarm. I'm just gonna wait it out for a day or two then if they stillhaven't come, i'm gonna take her into the vet. But if you or anyone hasanymore information for me, let me know. This site really helps me calmdown....I'm glad i joined :D

Were glad to have you. :D

I am not really experienced with kits, as I haven't had any yet. Myfirst litters are expected on March 12th and 15th. I am hoping somonewith more experience *coughpamnockcough* can jump in and help you out.LOL. ;)

~Nichole

I'm not *coughpamnockcough*.....:p

But I had a doe this summer that kindled at 35 days. Mother and 9 babies were all fine.

Can't wait to hear!

Rose

SLRabbits wrote:
Were glad to have you. :D

I am not really experienced with kits, as I haven't had any yet. Myfirst litters are expected on March 12th and 15th. I am hoping somonewith more experience *coughpamnockcough* can jump in and help you out.LOL. ;)

~Nichole
My first litter is due on the same day as that second onethere. I will post if she has them or not them. can't wait to hear ifyours does! Good Luck, I am so worried about it all I can think aboutis what could go wrong! I already am afraid they are all going to turnout peanuts or still born! My cat had still borns, it broke her heart!She cleaned it up but the kitten nevermoved and we had tobury him. Then out of the same litter another kitten diedfroma dog!

*tosses coughdrop to SL and Rabbitgirl*

I would watch her for signs she is inlabor,straining, spotting blood.unfortunately A netherlands firstlitter is usually the most trouble ,depending on the size of the doelarger does have less problems.bluebird

Learning to palpate is an important tool whenbreeding rabbits, as you really need to be able to determine if thereare kits in there "for certain".

If you know, without a doubt, that there arebabies in there-- I would get her to the vet after day 35 to induce labor.

Our does kindle on day 31 -- 99.9999999999% of the time. Ifthey go over, I know that it's very likely they are going to havebirthing problems (especially at this time of year). All doesare different though, and I have heard of successful deliveries on days35-36.

Good Luck and let us know the outcome!

Pam

Latest posts

Back