Iszy's new haircut....no laughing! lol

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lissa

Reaction score
Poor Iszy had her mommy give her another badhair cut again. Her new nickname: BUTCH. She lookslike a little dog! Hahah! I'm so mean. :p

butch3.jpg

butch2.jpg

butch1.jpg

Personally, I think the haircut looks rather ravishing. ;)

Iszay is such an angel.

For those of you who haven't seen Iszy before her haircut, this is how she normally looks.

iszy1.jpg

Jenniblu wrote:
Iszy looks rather pretty with her new cut.:D What did you use to clip her -shears/scissors/clippers?
We just used scissors. Her fur is so thick. It's almost chinchilla fur. So soft!

Gee..she sure looks like a dog..

Hey Lissa,why the sudden idea about a furcut for your bunny?

dUtCh wrote:
Gee..she sure looks like a dog..

Hey Lissa,why the sudden idea about a furcut for your bunny?
It was so hot in the house and she was having several "strings of pearls".

I've been wondering about this, and I think I'll take advantage of this topic to ask...
(Iszy, by the way, is as CUTE AS A BUTTON with that hair cut!:))

My Nick - a Holland Lop - seems to be having a hard time this year withthe very hot-humid days we have been having here in upstate NY.
His area is airconditioned. The AC, however has to cool off two roomsthat are connected thru a door that is kept open. So, it's not REALcool in the area, but the humidity is greatly reduced. I also have afan that blows over his playpen - not directly on him - that keeps theair circulating in the area.

Now - he could just be a bit depressed and lonely, since he lost twomates in the space of four months (Checkers and Tess of very happymemory) - but he just sleeps alot and just seems 'tired' all the timeon the hot days. His breathing is a bit rapid at times. He drinks TONSof water, and I wet his ears several times a day - which he seems toget great pleasure from (he is one strange bun... ;))

My question is - Is it permissable to 'shave' a rabbit for the summer?

He is constantly (or so it seems) shedding, and he has all that dencefur underneath his top layer of fur. I brush him with a cat slickercomb twice a day (which he enjoys) and remove enough to make anotherbunny, but I just can't get it all off of him!

I've talked to another rabbit savvy friend, and she suggested I shavehim. Not all the way to the skin, but kind of a 'buzz cut' so the denceunderfur can be more easily removed.

I have a razor, and I am experienced in cutting hair on HUMANS, so Iknow I could do it easily enough - I know he'll look strange (though Iwill try to make him as handsome as possible).
But - do you think it's safe? Will he get 'too cold'? And how long would it take for it to grow back?

I will wait for your expert advice! Thanks!

(PS - I have committed to adopting another bun as a mate for Nick, butshe will not be ready to 'travel' until after Labor Day - Will keep youinformed...)

Honestly I just gave Guinevere my mix a haircut.

Using clippers I just clipped her. Didnt shave her to theskin, but thinned out her coat a lot. She seems much moreactive now that she isnt overheating.

Just a warning... bunny fur has a tendency to be VERY fine, so make sure you are prepared to pick up all the loose hairs ;)

Latest posts

Back