Is your rabbit spayed/neutered poll?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elinka

Reaction score
hi i'm a new member here, and i was just curious about if everyone's rabbit(s) are spayed/neutered...

thanks

I didn't spay Riku becauseshe's the only rabbit I have so there's no chance of her gettingpregnant. But I do know spayed/neutered rabbits are more well-behaved.^_^

None of mine are altered yet. All butBasil and Saphy will be (although I'll get them done when I'm donebreeding them). I just want to live closer to my vetin case I have a problem.

All three of mine are altered, for many reasons.

Chompers was spraying everywhere and when he got me, that was the final straw. In he went!

Abby, from coming here and learning that unspayed females will mostlikely develop uterine cancer, there was no way I wasn't going to haveher done. Plus, she had a major attitude that needed taming.

Valuran needed fixing because he was peeing everywhere to mark histerritory. Literally the day after, he stopped going outside of thelitter box/cage.

All three of my rabbits sharea cage and I thought this thebest way to go, for health reasons, temperments and not wanting to addto the rabbit population.

2 out of 7 are neuterd. Oreo and Jack. Oreo wasneuterd because of him getting lucy pregnant and I purchased jack at ashelter that neuters before you can take them. The babies aretoo young as of right now but they will be getting theirs when they do.And lucy will be getting spayed in the next week or two.

Pebbles was spayed a week before I adoptedher. She was fostered by a Vet who had to do several otheroperations on her, before I brought Pebbles home.

not yet I just got him yesterday but he has to goto the vet on Thursday for a check-up and to get his nails trimmed thenwe'll set and appointment for the snipping..he's 3 yrs old I hope he'snot too old

so for those of you with show rabbits, do you all experience those many negative problems with unfixed rabbits?

I am really blessed with Apollo. Twicesince I've had him has he danced on my leg. He's never spayed knock onwood and has never been aggressive and isn't territorial.

When my husband is home Apollo will go potty on the couch. It'shis way of letting my husband know I am his. It's kinda cute. I had tobuy a carpet and upolstery cleaner.

Tina

wow that's pretty good. what are theapproximate chances that an unfixed rabbit will have negativebehavior? is it 50/50?

I'm planing on getting Briar neutered at one ofthose free places, i know it's not really a good idea, but i'll makesure that it's sanitary and the doctors know what they're doing or i'llwalk....and all the male Kits when they're old enough, how old do theyhave to be to get neutered?

Ellie & the Buns

Kyo wrote:
I didn't spay Riku because she's theonly rabbit I have so there's no chance of her getting pregnant. But Ido know spayed/neutered rabbits are more well-behaved.^_^
Unspayed does (or is that "doe's"? What's the correct pluralof "doe"?) also have a pretty significant risk of developingpotentially fatal reproductive cancers (some people estimate that theodds are as high as 80-90%). :(

I've been planning on getting Meat Bunny spayed since day one, butother things keep coming up (like our bearded dragon, the Lizard ofPerpetual Medical Need, requiring yet *another* surgery to be able toeat). Soon, though.... soon, Meat will be less territorialabout her cage, will no longer smell distinctly of human BO, &will be at a much lower risk of cancer...

Latest posts

Back