Is this normal?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sunnybunny

Reaction score
When sunny seems to be affectionate, ie, jumps up one me and kisses....She also nibbles. Only my clothes though.

Tonight she was on me, licking my jammies.....And then chomped on my boob! Not a bite, just a nibble, but it hurt!

Is this an aggressive behaviour, or is it affection?

I guess it does, yeah :)

I'm just hoping it's affection, not aggression. I've done searches onnibbling, and all I've come up with is that they nibble when they'renot happy.

hehehehe,the bunnies do that to my son,he willsit on the floor and pet one of the bunnies and shes being a nicegirl,she licks him for a while and then nip,and ya hear anthony sayouch she bit me,not hard just a nip,i think she wants to see how highhe can jump.then which ever bunny nipped him will look at meas if to say "what,hes lying"i didnt nip him:D

so maybe that is just their way of showing affection a bunny way

Generally when they do it if they're licking, itjust means they're trying to get you good and clean. You'll often seerabbits nip at each other while grooming. A nip is quite different froman aggressive bite.

sunnybunny wrote:
Thanks Shuu, that's good to know.

I'm so new at this. I've had cats all of my life. They are so much easier to read!
If you check the Top Picks thread at the top of the forums,theres a TON Of good info there...even a link or2 on rabbitsbody language..it helped me alot at first!

Sunny..when I first got Salvaje I hadpeople telling me he was licking because he needed the salt from myskin... and the nibbles were aggression..
and his flops were seizures...
and yes..LOl..lots of cloth around here has holes...
My roomie thought we had giant moths...
Salvaje is very affectionate and if he ever nibbles a little too hardand I yelp he acts sincerely sorry...he hasnt drawn bloodyet..........yet...LOL
Its now 2 years..and Im still learning....

slavetoabunny wrote:
All of my pajamas (and several other pieces of clothing)have holes in them Does this answer your question?
Hahaha! Mine too!!

sunnybunny wrote:
Tonight she was on me, licking my jammies.....And then chomped on my boob! Not a bite, just a nibble, but it hurt!
Iwill never forget the time Iszy bit my nipple. :(

I started of with tons of good clothes.Apollo was awful about nipping whenever I wore a long sleeved shirt. Iwent though so many tops because they would have holes all up and downthe arms.

So now those are my at home bunny clothes. Hopi has started nipping my tops too, silly bunnies.

Tina

Hee hee.

Snuggy hates it when I wear socks and will dig at them and nip until Itake them off. She never licks or nips at my feet,though. She's just weird that way.

Laura

Lol.

Whenever I wear my robe, Cookie climbs all over me and poos.Or if I'm laying on the floor, he will play on the robe and poo allover it.

Nonibbling yet though ...

I have Cali clothes. They're the ones with holes in them.

(Cali's my flemish giant.) She's gotten better, but still, ifI don't pay attention to her right away after a nudge, I best beexpecting to see new hole put in my sweatshirts or jeans.

She also loves my shoes and my purse.

:dunno:

dajeti2 wrote:

So now those are my at home bunny clothes. Hopi has started nipping my tops too, silly bunnies.

Tina
LOL! Yes, I have lots of tops full of holes in too. Isn't itembarrassing when someone calls on you and you have to answer the doorin your 'Bunny Designer' clothes! You can see them looking at yourripped clothing, probably thinking 'That poor woman. Can'teven afford proper clothes'! :embarrassed:

Jan

Latest posts

Back