Is this normal?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Newtothis

Reaction score
I've often read that most times you can't really tell when rabbits are sleeping. However, Peanut seems to completely knock out. The first time I saw him like this I was so scared, he looks dead to be honest. Does anybody have a rabbit who does this? is it normal or should I be worried?

View attachment 1436637703724.jpg

Aww he's soo cute! But thank you lol I was just worried. Glad to know it's okay

Omg this scared me so much the first few times my rabbits did this!!! And honestly still kind of does haha. But everyone's right, totally normal. The thing that I hate the most is if I catch them sleeping like this sometimes I'll like stand over them or talk to them cuz I'm paranoid and they will just stare off like a zombie and not move!! Then I'm just the jerk that interrupts their really good nap lol

Lol ! My mom starts yelling and she's like omg he's not okay! get him out do something! I showed her a video of rabbits flopping and I guess she understands it's normal now. I was so scared at first

Yes it is normal. Normally when they are tired, relaxed, and very comfortable they tend to do that. I have witnessed my bun do that once and yes it is scary but to check just look at their body and see if it is moving up and down, that means they are breathing so they are still alive :)

It's called the Dead Bunny Flop(DBF) for a reason. It means you have a very content rabbit.

My rabbit loves the car, and when she is in there for a while, she just flops. Totally normal 😉

Latest posts

Back