Is this normal

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Starbywarbs

Reaction score
Hi bun mums and dads !
my little starbra has been spayed three days ago now , and after struggles with constipation we have her lots of water and she’s pooping as normal again. She’s been really active and actually escaped her cage so I’m worried about her stitches (she’s also been licking/chewing at them). I picked her up last night and saw this, she wouldn’t let me move her legs to see and squirmed away like she was in pain. Is this normal or does there look to be a tear ?8E67E4FD-C772-4291-95FC-50B554FEB776.jpeg

I'm not able to tell from the photo if she's chewed it open or not, but if she's chewed open her incision you need to contact your vet right away. They may need to restitch it and put a cone or pet vest on her to prevent her from messing with it until it heals.

I'm not able to tell from the photo if she's chewed it open or not, but if she's chewed open her incision you need to contact your vet right away. They may need to restitch it and put a cone or pet vest on her to prevent her from messing with it until it heals.
Thank you ! I took her back to the vet the day after my post and she had a look and said it was all fine and just scabbing up a bit which was a relief 😮‍💨

Back