Is this good wheat grass?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lionrex

Reaction score
Well i have yet to buy any wheat grass (been busy) but now i am finaly going to get some :biggrin:I am looking at this http://www.wheatgrasskits.com/sprouting/wheat_berries_sprouting_seed.htmI think it was Fuzz16 that said this was a good site to buy from. Does anyone els buy there wheat grass from here?? Andwill 2.5 pounds of wheat grass seed be enough to grow two or three 12''x12'' pots?

Also does anyone know a safe potting soil to grow all of it in? Dont want my bunny playing in a flat of toxic dirt :rollseyes

Thanks,

That looks like a good place to get it.

Just get unfertilized potting soil & you should be fine. If you're not sure it's been heat treated, you can do it yourself in the oven on low, I forget how long, I don't know how easy it is to find this time of year, but seed-starting mix would be a good option & already sterilized,

As far as the amount, I find each tray of whatever size can be used for about 6-8 weeks before replanting is necessary. And you might use a little more than 2 tablespoons wheat per square foot. 2 tablespoons is about an ounce, so a pound would plant about 14 square feet, if you did 2 square feet at once [probably plenty], that'd be 7 plantings or a year's worth & 2.5 lbs would last at least years.

Latest posts

Back