is this a good thing?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hismomma

Reaction score
I make it a habit to pick up Batman and cuddle with him every night while i use the computer. I want to keep him as friendly as possible. hehe. Well i have noticed that right after I put him back in his cage he will sulk by the front door for about a minute. When he sees I am not opening it to let him back out, he takes to hops then does what i call the bunny flop of death. The first time it freaked me out because i thought he just keeled over and died on me. Then I noticed he was still breathing and his eyes were open. He actually looked peaceful. After a few minute he got up to eat and continued on to mess up his cage. Now i find it quite funny to watch but i started wondering what if it isn't normal. Am i possibly cuddling him to much? Or He is he on some sort of high from all the lovin'? He seems to love when i pet him he even licks me when i stop. He doesn't seem to mind being picked up either. I just need some help with my bunny speak lol

That bunny flop of death is what many people like to call "The Dead Bunny Flop"... but it's pretty much what bunnies do when they are very happy and content and they feel comfortable where they are c: And messing up the cage is normal. Bunnies seem to love to mess things up... heee <3

And my bunbun Sabriel will lick my non-stop if I stop petting him as well. He loves you!

Agree with Bailey. Definitely a content bunny.

And my husband had the same experience with the Dobinski. First time Dobby did this, and we only had him a few days, absolutely freaked my husband out. Thought he was dead too. And I still remember the look Dobby gave him when my husband ran over to see him. It's like "What's the matter?"

And you can't cuddle a bunny too much. No such thing. It's never enough for them.

Sounds like you make a huge connection with your bun! Congratulations!

K:)

:yeahthat: Bonny would flop over all the time--the breathing was what gave it away. We call Nikki the "salami" as she always flops at the side of her hutch, so her fur sticks out through the wire and looks like how a salami protrudes from the string wrapping it. Bunnies are strange and adorable. Also very attitudinal.

Yay! I am glad i am doing everything right then :D... I cut his nails today and he did not like that lol but hopefully soon he will get used to it. it seems as the days pass by he gets more at ease. most of the time when i look in on him he is flopped over legs in the air lol

Latest posts

Back