Is this a ‘binky’ or is something wrong ?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This is my first rabbit and I got him 3 days ago. I read about binkys but I read that it was a jump and twist thing but im worried cause hes shaking his head ? Idk. Any thought ?

Also, I have aspen wood shavings in his dig box. I read that aspen was safe for bunnies but I just wanna make sure that no one has had any bad experiences with it. Last question, there was also pine shavings (it said kiln dried which is suppose to make it safe for bunnies) they were cheaper and when im buying that much id like to get them but im worried that even if it is kiln dried it might still be bad ?

Attachments

• 9E58931C-72E5-48DE-AE6E-06E9763DE849.mp4
    16.3 MB
yep, that looks like a binky. Sometimes they do shake their head. Its almost like their whole body is exited from the tip of their nose to their toes.

My Bunny sometimes shakes her head, and sometimes she doesn't.

I don't know if anyone else can see anything wrong, but as far as I can see that just looks like a binky

yep, that looks like a binky. Sometimes they do shake their head. Its almost like their whole body is exited from the tip of their nose to their toes.

My Bunny sometimes shakes her head, and sometimes she doesn't.

I don't know if anyone else can see anything wrong, but as far as I can see that just looks like a binky
Thank you!💜💜

Yep, looks like binkies to me as well. There are "pretty-looking binkies" like head-shaking, springing in the air, and all-body-wiggles, but then there's also trippy and funky ones, like your bun showed- kind of like binkies but not quite seemly. Some people also refer to those as half- or mini binkies.
Either way, your bun is safe and having a blast!
Regarding the shavings- unless it's specifically for a dig box and dig box only, i wouldn't use them at all. You probably know by now that they're messy and get dragged everywhere. (In which case, you could get a box with higher sides to contain the mess. Rabbits have amazing jump power as long as they have grip on the floor. Or get a copy of the box you have now, cut a hole on one side and flip it over into a spacious lid.) They're also not that great at trapping pee and smells should your rabbit decide to take a wee in it. Usually it's only a matter of time on when, not if he decides to test it out.
Other than that, both aspen and kiln dried pine should be safe from what i've read.

This is my first rabbit and I got him 3 days ago. I read about binkys but I read that it was a jump and twist thing but im worried cause hes shaking his head ? Idk. Any thought ?

Also, I have aspen wood shavings in his dig box. I read that aspen was safe for bunnies but I just wanna make sure that no one has had any bad experiences with it. Last question, there was also pine shavings (it said kiln dried which is suppose to make it safe for bunnies) they were cheaper and when im buying that much id like to get them but im worried that even if it is kiln dried it might still be bad ?
Very cute and he looks like he is happy and enjoying himself!!😆🤗🤗🐇🐇 and welcome to bunny life!!👍👍

Yep, looks like binkies to me as well. There are "pretty-looking binkies" like head-shaking, springing in the air, and all-body-wiggles, but then there's also trippy and funky ones, like your bun showed- kind of like binkies but not quite seemly. Some people also refer to those as half- or mini binkies.
Regarding the shavings- unless it's specifically for a dig box and dig box only, i wouldn't use them at all. You probably know by now that they're messy and get dragged everywhere. (In which case, you could get a box with higher sides to contain the mess. Rabbits have amazing jump power as long as they have grip on the floor. Or get a copy of the box you have now, cut a hole on one side and flip it over into a spacious lid.) They're also not that great at trapping pee and smells should your rabbit decide to take a wee in it. Usually it's only a matter of time on when, not if he decides to test it out.
Other than that, both aspen and kiln dried pine should be safe from what i've read.
Oh yea he made a huge mess but it was worth it watching him 😂😂 but yes i have hay down in his litter box with a puppy pad beneath it. That is solely for a dig box and its not going to be out all the time. I left it out for like 5 hours yesterday then put it away. Ima do the same tonight. I made sure to run my hands through it to make sure he didnt pee (sounds gross but how else do you check ? 😂😂) cause im storing the whole thing under my bed.

Attachments

• 71142011569__A7856471-8ADD-4AF5-A589-629113F3D044.jpeg
    71142011569__A7856471-8ADD-4AF5-A589-629113F3D044.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 4

Looks like a Binkley to me. Might want to add a layer of hay to that letterbox. Buns graze as they poop and pee. I think that's why her head is shaking.

Looks like a Binkley to me. Might want to add a layer of hay to that letterbox. Buns graze as they poop and pee. I think that's why her head is shaking.
Her litter box has hay in it. Thats just a dig box cause i heard it helps with them digging at your carpets (he was trying to dig into my rigs 😂😂). But it had pellets sprinkled throughout that he was digging for and a couple bits of freeze dried strawberries!

I found your response very Informative. I'm a first time rabbit owner and want to give our pet the very best life we can

he is very happy and playing and head shaking is completely normal ,
he show you how much he is excited around you😇😍

Hi, your bunny looks so happy my bunny does that to.😊

Attachments

• RPReplay_Final1710286615.mov
    40.4 MB
Back