Is Buttercup Really A Netherland?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Faith.Dungy

Reaction score
I was looking at pics of netherland dwarfs and now I'm not so sure Buttercup is a ND. He doesn't have the smooshed face of an ND. Any ideas?

101_1543.jpg

101_1584.jpg

Ya I'd say a mix, his head is the wrong shape.

How much does he weigh? He may just not be show type, but the coloring (himi) is not common is other Dwarf breeds such as the Dwarf Hotot or the Polish. So, a purebred Nethie is possible.

Pam

I have a bunch of 'nethies' but they don't like muhc like a showable nethie, despite having nethie parentage and very good nethie genes, so he just might not be a showable one, but might come from parents known to be nethies.

probably a nethie, just not a really 'typey' one. does that make any sense:p?

No, that makes sense. And I'm glad he doesn't have the smooshed face cause I read the nethies have teeth problems cause of the smooshed face. No matter, whatever he is we love him all the same :inlove:

I have a purebred nethie that I had doubts about actual heritage. He just doesn't look like pics of other netherlands. But then I read about how, if they're missing the dwarf gene, that they will have different faces, longer ears, etc. He is shaped a lot like your bun.

I'm winter boarding a neithie buck that's purebred, but as far from type as you can find. He's 3.5 pounds(though he's chubby) and lookies just like your buttercup- his himi color is a bit better, but not by much.

I also had a dwarf that i resuced and re-homed that was large, at almost 4 pounds but very typie.

My best friend/sister breeds and shows dwarf and she has a lot of very nice small winning rabbits and she got a non typed not dwarf looking baby in one litter.

She very well could be a pruebred but just not typie at all.

Our first Nethie, Baby, looks much like your Buttercup, as body-type goes. We could show her when she was really young, but soon she was bigger than all of the other buns on the table, and over show-weight. But she was NOT fat - perfectly proportioned, in fact.So, just a case of getting the genes that produce the larger characteristics. It was such a bummer, because she had PERFECT himi markings...when she got DQ'd for weight, the judge was just as disappointed as we were.

Latest posts

Back