International Bunny Travel?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gwhoosh

Reaction score
This is nothing that will be happening soon, or even at all! But, after I graduate college, I want to move out of the country (specifically, to Sweden! :D). I definitely don't know if that would happen, but it's a possibility at some point in the future.

I know there's a whole bunch to do with health certificates and import laws etc. Right now, I'm just curious about the flight. I know you can use a Pet Transport, but does anyone know if I would be able to have my bunny in-cabin on international flights?? Because if I had to, that's definitely what I'd prefer! Or Pet Transport is better?...

Again, just something I'm curious about :)

I think it depends on which flight you choose from.

In Canada, for instance, if you choose Air Canada.. they completely do not allow animals on their flights whatsoever. But another flight company, West Jet, allows animals as a carry on, where you put them under your seat.

I had a friend rescue a dog in Hong Kong when she went there for vacation. She brought him back to Canada on an international flight, but because he was a large breed of dog.. he had to be brought back in cargo. I believe he had to have some shots and a certificate to prove it.

Sorry I couldn't be much more help!

A friend of mine just moved back from Italy. I don't know the airline, but they flew into the US (vs. Canada) and there were absolutely NO pets on international flights. As a matter of fact, the cat had to fly on a separate plane at a later date, and fly into Canada. They were forever in customs...checking the cat over...even though it had all the proper shots and paperwork. The problem comes down to allergies of other passengers, and bacteria etc., that the animal may be bringing into the country.

Fancybutterfly

Latest posts

Back