In memory of Brice

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gabby

Reaction score
[align=center]
1394104651_966bd46513_o.jpg
[/align]

[align=center]"The Great Bricer"[/align]

[align=center]6/15/1999 to 10/04/2008[/align]
Brice, Bricer, pooper, poop machine he was known by many names, but I think most who will remember him will think of him as the first bunny that they actually knew who survived "Wry neck".

Brice was 9 weeks old when I got him, that was the age I was given, so I counted back and gave him the birthday of June 15th, 1999. Seemed like a good date.

Brice was a netherland dwarf/ holland lop mix, a gift from hubby after I lost my dearested little polish Chloe. Chloe was a kisser, and the second I met Brice he kissed my entire face, hubby knew I was hooked, and I wasn't letting that baby out of my arms.

we were 300 miles away from home visiting relitives when I got Brice, so his first weekend with us he got a new home plus traveled across 3 states. Brice was a Smart boy, he learned to give kisses on demand, all you needed to do was say "Brice can i have a kiss" Or "Kisses?" And as long as you hadn't made him mad recently he'd kiss you until you took your hand away.

One of Brice's stranger quirks, is that he would not change floor surfaces, what ever he was hopping on he'd stay on, he wouldn't cross door threshholds, and if you placed him on a 6x9rug he wouldn't leave it, which made him extrealy trustworthy, because no matter what you put outside of his "floor spot" he wouldn't leave the area to check it out. He wouldn't even go onto a different carpet that was touching the first carpet unless it was the same color.

Febuary of 2004 he made my heart stop, it was the month when he first showed signs of his head tilt, and while we did have a long ride ahead of us, Brice weathered it in high spirits and came through with flying colors. Brice was left with a slight tilt for the rest of his life, but he learned to adapt and live with it, and he still kissed when ever you asked, sometimes he'd request pets or kisses first, either by shoving his head under your hand or under your chin, but he desereved any and all attention he got.

Brice was not a young man, and living through his illness I think aged him a bit. October 4th 2008, he was called to rainbow bridge. You may wonder why I'm posting this now instead of then, well a few reasons

1, I'm more in the right frame of mind to do this,

2, life isn't so hetic, and

3 at the point in time that all this happened my mother in law was in the critical care unit of thehospital, so I had a lot going on with hubby, she passed away just a few days after Brice.

I wanted to get this up for those who remember him, and well anyone who'd like to know who he was, he was a very special bun (aren't they all) and he will be greatly missed, but I can happily say at least I know he can frolic in the clouds and not be weighed down by any disabilities.

For those interesated Below is his story page, my web pages are terribly out of date, but that is because I lost my web editing program and hubby hasn't picked up a new copy yet please forgive.

http://webpages.charter.net/savagerabbits/savageWEBworks_files/Page499.htm

I understand why you would postpone writing this thread. It's hard sometimes... :hug: He sounds like he was a fighter, and he is now getting some well-earned rest at the Bridge.
Binky free, little one. :rainbow:

Oh Gabby! I hadn't seen this til now. I'm so sorry you lost Brice! He's always been one of my favorite bunnies online! His story is so encouraging to so many and look how long the little guy lived! 9 YEARS!! That's a long time for a little bunny!

I'm also sorry to hear that your hubby's mother passed. It must have been a difficult time for all of you.

RIP little boy... but Binky and play with all those who went before you.

Thank-you for posting Gabby. Indeed he was special and a favorite one. I really feel a lost now that he is gone. It must of been a difficult time for you to have so much going on.

Binky Free Brice. :pink iris:

Brice is definitely the rabbit that comes to my mind when I think of a wry-neck survivor. Thank you for coming to post this. I'm so sorry he had to go, but he was an example of a rabbit who wouldn't let go. Brice was a fighter.

I am sorry for your loss, Gabby.

Minda

Oh Gabby, I'm just now seeing this, and I am heartbroken. I think you know how much Brice meant to me - he was my Hero Bunny. A little fighter that took life in his stride. And yes, he was the first wry neck rabbit I had heard about.

I was just thinking about him the other day, and wondering how he was doing. I am so very, very very sorry :bigtears:.

Thank you for sharing his life with us.

God Bless, Brice. You will always be special.

Jan

:bigtears:I had no idea, Gabby. The tears are for you - not for Brice. He was such a happy little guy. He knows how loved he isand I feel very strongly in my heart that his spirit won't ever venture far from you. You gave him an amazing life. He had so many more years - and quality ones for that matter - being in your home. So many would've given up on him long ago.

I'm so sorry he's in spirit now, but I'm so grateful for the many lessons your relationship and love for each other taught me along the way. I'll never forget our little buddy and look forward to the day that I can meet him at some point.

Love,

Carolyn

I am so sorry.

Oh my....I'm so sorry, Gabby :(

He binkies at The Bridge... I'm sure.

He had a good, long life for a bunners with such serious problems...and he couldn't have been loved more by anyone else.

Prayers and good thoughts sent!

:hug2:

~Jim

I'm sorry to hear about your loss. Your Brice and I shared a birthdate. June 15th.

I can tell he loved you very much.

:rainbow:

Latest posts

Back