i'm new here!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
so far it seems it hasnt disturbed them in any way.. the light is to provide heat since our temps have been below 20 degrees when the weather warms they will be shut off as normal.. they each have individual covered areas that have 1 access hole for them to turn to at nite..they seem to use it as sleep quarters. they learn well....

You sure have to deal with much harsher weather. My bunnies don't even bother going into their sleeping compartments at night. They always sit in the open part. I guess it's never cold enough for them to seek proper shelter

Oh God, how do you and the bunnies stay warm???? You'd want central heating in the hutches

i have insulated box's for them when the temp gets low, for us we have a heated wood stove. outdoors so we freeze to fill it but warm up quickly inside..the buns hutches stay pretty decent with the lights and insulated box's, if they werent i have 11 other rooms i'd put them in if needed..or figure a way to house them on our porch..i'd figure something out even if i had to sleep with them LOL..we provide huge amounts of hay to put in the hutches for extra insulation..we havent had low temps like that in a long long time..i also put shredded long johns blankets and pillows in the hutches for them to cuddle/nestle in..so far i think its going well..and hope we dont have another nite like that..

* edit is spelling errors...

i also thought about adding heat tape to the hutches..i know they make a sort of heating pad. i may look into getting 6 of those..any ideas?

I have a thing called snugglesafe. You heat it in the microwave and it stays hot for about eight hours. I put it into one of my girl's hutches because she got spayed a week ago.I am not sure if she needs it but it makes me feel better. There's probably something like that in the States

hmm i'll def have to check into that..8 hours would provide almost enough time, our days are starting to get longer. ok i do have a ? i have 2 rabbits that i recently picked up.. owner did not know what the breeds are..i'm in no way great with definition of breeds..i have had a few suggestions but i like to know the exact 90% as close as possible..so anyone who can justify them would be greatly appreciated..pic is below..

the grey one i thought perhaps a mini satin nethie but i was told looks more like a chinchilla/neithie. and the white one i've only been able to get color on and that was only a guess ( isabella) so any help would be greatful.. they are curretly in QT for another week and a half..( i do 2 weeks here ) this gives me the oppurtunity to see how theyreact around us and see how their eating habbits are along with feet and digestive tract. so far they are doing great. temperments are awesome..eating well.

039.jpg

Best thing to post this in the Rabbitry section. not everyone goes through the introductions. There's some very knowledgable people about that'll definately give you a good idea. it may be somewhat slower than normal over the Christmas holidays but once things are back to normal you should get loads of responses.
Wishing you and your buns a very Happy Xmas, Sabine

Thank you sabine..very merry christmas to every one * happy holidays * todays my 15th anniversary so i've been a bit slow...i hope every one gets what they want for xmas..

I am new to this forum too and loved reading your thread - and especially the Celtic-Wiccan reference as I find myself venturing down that life road with my brother's guidance.

What a wonderful set up you have and you can feel the love from the pictures - what happy buns!

I took in two rescue Holland Lops - both were "male" but when I checked them, one was definitely a doe!:shock: We also took in a Rex - he was "sexed" by the store that sold him but how they missed that he was a boy is beyond me. He ended up with my neighbor who had a Holland doe and a Rex doe and my neighbor called in a panic as she had "lots of baby bunnies in the pen and all the rabbits are female!" A quick check and the big fawn colored Rex buck ended up with me.:D

All my show and rescue Hollands/Fuzzy Lops and my rescue Rex have passed over the Bridge and after being rabbitless for almost a year, I find I miss defrosting water bottles and cleaning hutches (my roses miss it too). I am on the search (and have been for two months) to find Checkered Giants to show (I miss the shows, too). So far, I am coming up dry but am still hopeful that somewhere, out there, my bunny is waiting.:inlove:

There is a rabbit show in town next Sunday so I will be visiting to take in the show, the rabbits, and to hopefully find a proper rabbit. My sons used to show with me (they are now 17 and almost 19) and don't have the interest like they did but it will certainly bring me back to when they were younger.

Denise

Latest posts

Back