Im heartbroken

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luna21

Reaction score
I brought Maya to the vet today because she waspanting and her tummy was bloated and she stoped drinking so she wasdehydrated. The vet did some blood work only to reveal some awful news,that my baby:(is very sick, she has: pregnancy toxemia whichhappens when the doe's body gets too tired from caring for the kits.the vet told me she has a slim chance of survival and gave me somemeds, she told me that i have to hand feed the kits, they are only 2weeks old and im worried i might lose them as well. Im so terriblyheart broken at this point I don't know what to do, I tried to syringesome water into her mouth, but it only goes in her mouth and she doesntswallow it. Im losing hope:(I dont want to lose my baby

:(:(Man, this HAS been a rough day inbunnyland!!!!! I really hope she pulls through...sending goodthoughts and healing vibes your way!!

Oh I am so sorry! :(:shock:

I will pray Maya tonight! :)

relig-1.gif

~Amy

I would also recommend getting some food intoher. When Corky quit eating I forced him via syringe...I gotsome carrot baby food and soaked pellets in water and mashed them upand mixed those with the carrots....It did wonders..I fed him every 2-3hours...I really believe this made all the difference in the world onhis survival.

When he was sick he didn't want to drink out of his water bottle..butwould out of a bowl...so that might be worth a try too.

Corky got more active pretty quickly when I started to do that...its worth a try!!! Best of luck, I really hope it helps.

Good luck with your little girl. I hope shepulls through this. And please don't lose your hope. Don't give up onher until she's crossed over. She still has a chance.

naturestee wrote:
Good luck with your little girl. I hope she pulls throughthis. And please don't lose your hope. Don't give up on her until she'scrossed over. She still has a chance.

Yes she does...we thought we'd loose Corky a few weeks ago...we weretalking about having to put him down even...do NOT give up on her! Withyour help, I think she can do it!

Oh, this has been an awful day. Trymixing the Nutri-Cal with the food mix PGG suggested. I'll bepraying for Maya and her babies. Don't lose faith.

Jen

God! Is this horrible day ever going to End?!!!

I'm so sorry, Luna21.

You are not alone in your pain and fear tonight.

Prayers go out your way.

-Carolyn

Man this is a terrible few days! I will keep youand your bunnies in my prayers tonight, and it sounds likePuterGeekGirl has a wonderful idea!

I am so sad for you! You have to keep us posted!

About trying to get water and food in her, try making the bunnyburrito. Wrap her in a blanket, cradle her like a baby andplace the syringe behind her front teeth. Hold her rump up a littlehigher than the rest of her body. She has to swallow,eventually...

This has been a rough day on thisforum! I have no other suggestions to add, but all mythoughts go out to Maya and her kits. :mrsthumper:

I'm so sorry:(

This has got to be one of the roughest days.

We need to pull together more than ever to send out the best prayers and thoughts that we ever have.

~Jim

Did the Vet give her a IV of fluids? He should have.

Ed

Carolyn wrote:
God! Is this horrible day ever going to End?!!!

I'm so sorry, Luna21.

You are not alone in your pain and fear tonight.

Prayers go out your way.

-Carolyn

Oh Carolyn, I have to second that. I'm not even tired, butI'm ready to go to bed and forget today ever happened. Myfriend and I had a theory that the month of May had just caused all ofthese crazy things, but it seems to be continuing into June.:tears2:

Jim D. said it best we have to pull together now more then ever andsend out prayers and healing thoughts to everyone.

Jen

My thoughts and prayers are with you at this time. Tomorrow will be a better day, it just has too!

Susan

Latest posts

Back