I'm going to BOARD my rabbit for first time. YIKES.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

larryng

Reaction score
I'm going on vacation for six days soon.

I plan to board Peanut.

What considerations should I look for in a pet boarding place?

Yikes! I would be nervous about that (sorry, not trying to be pessimistic, just being honest) is there someone you could hire to come into your home so Peanut could be in familiar surroundings?

If not the things I would look for is that rabbits aren't housed/boarded where they can hear dogs barking or cats meowing. Could be stressful!

Also, how long are they alone for? Overnights? Weekends?

I would also ask how familiar they are with rabbits and their care.

Good luck!

I had to do this once when we were new to this state and didn't know anyone. One of the people from the rescue where I got her agreed to watch her for me at her house (she was already housing many rabbits :p ) I felt comfortable knowing she knew and loved rabbits.

Since then, I've been able to have someone come over to watch my buns - definitely less stress on the buns.

Peanut is not going to be boarded.

This issue has been stressing me out all day.

I live in Las Vegas and I'm going to stay with my older brother in Northridge California. About a 4.5 hour drive. I will have my own room. Peanut can stay in my room.

Peanut is a princess and I can't board her in a place that has lots of dogs barking.

Latest posts

Back