if buns eat cauliflower

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Victoria

Reaction score
Hi Do bunnies eat cauliflower - leaf or vegetable or both. I read on some sites they do both or only leaves, and my book on rabbits Rabbits for Dummies does not refer to cauliflower. Some other cites said that the veg itself can cause gas so dont feed to be safe. Which one is correct?

Well, I know that it causes gas in humans (first hand experience, lol) so I'm not really sure how well bunnies would tolerate it. I'd say if their GI is stable, a nibble or two wouldn't be a problem, but, as in humans, if they have a delicate tummy and seem to get gas easily, I wouldn't chance it.

Thank you for advice.
He does have an easily upset tummy too and gas even from too much hay (he has a big appetite and is always after food),wont give it to him.

I think you're right to avoid it with him. Some bunnies can tolerate it fine, but if you have a bun with a dodgy tummy its not worth the risk.

All of mine have good tummies but I still wouldn't risk giving them anything like cabbage, cauliflower, broccoli or anything else that could give them gas.

Latest posts

Back