I want a Flemish :(

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got Moose for $10 from the local HumaneSociety. This was before they were spaying/neutering alltheir rabbits, when they were keeping them on cedar,and werejust handing them over to anyone with ten bucks. This wasbefore I started working there. ;D
moosebucket.jpg

47b5d837b3127cce9206e390611600000016108ActGbhq5cNF

47b5d837b3127cce9206e0e121fe00000016108ActGbhq5cNF

47b5d837b3127cce9206e0fb21e400000016108ActGbhq5cNF

NightPoet00 wrote:
Aww now I want a Flemish too! Anyone have anypictures that can accurately show how big they can get?
Well, if you know how big My Little Ponies are.... :D

47b5d837b3127cce9206e6ac21b000000016108ActGbhq5cNF

Moose isn't huge, he's "only" 17 pounds though.

Are they more laid back and cuddly than otherbuns? My 2 bunnies, Winston and Mabel, are sweetly andfriendly, but not so cuddly. In fact, Winston is atease! He'll hop within touching distance, and wait in oneplace until my fingers are a centimeter away from him and then...hopaway! Grr. :disgust::foreheadsmack:

Rowena, I can understand not wanting todrive that far. I paid $50 a piece for Apollo and Athena. We drovealmost 5 hours to pick them up. It was a drive that was soooo worthit.

Nightpoet:Aww now I want a Flemish too! Anyone haveany pictures that can accurately show how big they can get?

I have a few pictures that I can show you.

Apollo is 18 pounds and is almost 3 feet long stretched out.
My son is 11 years old. He's 4'8'' and 100 pounds. Here he is holding Apollo.
June9thnoon020.jpg

My husband is 5'2'' and here he is playing with Apollo
June4th2005010.jpg

Here he is in a standard child's stroller and he fills it.
LetsGo.jpg

Here are two pictures that show his size.
June10tham101.jpg

June10tham083.jpg

Tina

NightPoet00 wrote:
Are they more laid back and cuddly than otherbuns? My 2 bunnies, Winston and Mabel, are sweetly andfriendly, but not so cuddly. In fact, Winston is atease! He'll hop within touching distance, and wait in oneplace until my fingers are a centimeter away from him and then...hopaway! Grr. :disgust::foreheadsmack:
Flemish love to love you. They want to be where you are. Theywill lay beside your for cuddles and naps. They seek you out to getsome pets and love.

Apollo takes naps with us, goes everywhere with us, and doeseverything he can to make us laugh. He also loves giving bunny kissesand purrs whenever we pet him.

Flemish are generally very sweet, very affectionate, very friendly and very gentle.

Tina

Moose is very affectionate, but notcuddly. He hates being held or picked up. He does,however, love to lie beside me and be petted for as long aspossible. He loves food, of course, heh.

It took me forever to get Moose to use a litterbox reliably even in hiscage. He can't be bothered to use a box outside of hiscage. When he sheds, he SHEDS. Moose is alsohorribly destructive so I have to watch him like a hawk when he's outfor exercise. :) Bigger bunny = bigger capacity formore damage to a house. I don't think Flemmies are for neatfreaks. ;P

He's lazy, stubborn, and a lot more messy than any other rabbit I'veever had, but his personality more than makes up for it. :)He's a big sweet hunk of love. He knows his name and willcome when called (usually). He'll beg for treats.He'll lick me in return for petting.

He's my big baby.

Vash is what some people cal a 'velcro bunny'lol. When he is out, he follows me everywhere - kitchen,bedroom, and yes even the bathroom - and lays beside me. Heloves to be petted and kissed for hours if you let him. Hehas never tried to even bite any cords or nibble on funiture.He does like to leave 'gifts' poopsjust outside his cage andin MY bedroom (he thinks it is his private room). I thinkthey are great because they are not afraid of anything generally andlove attention.

Oh and how can we all forget the puddle of fur and ears they becomewhen relaxing? Or the laziness factor? I've seenVash stretch and slide from his food bowl to drinking bottle in orderto avoid getting up. If you have a treat in your hand, hewill try to stretch to it or crawl before finally giving up and hoppingover to it.

Jenniblu wrote:
Vash is what some people cal a 'velcro bunny' lol.When he is out, he follows me everywhere - kitchen, bedroom, and yeseven the bathroom - and lays beside me.

Hahahahh! Moose follows us into the bathroom, too!

I was emailed by a person with a litter born on May 10th. But they live in Washington! :(

Virginia

Unfortunately, not quite as long as smallerbunnies. :( I don't know the average, but I know they'reprone to heart problems and can have strain on their joints and bonesfrom being so heavy. I know a couple people who lost theirFlemmies suddenly due to heart attacks. :(

Probably around 7-8 or 10 years would be a guess.

Most Flemish live just as long as asmall rabbit with the average being 7-10 years. I lost Athena at 3months old due to a congenital heart defect, but that is rare. Flemishare slow growers. They are not even considered fully full grown unitlthey are 4 years old. They do a quick grow from birth to 2 years. From2 years to 4 years they ever so slowly grow and fill out.

I am looking forward to a good long time with Apollo.

Tina

Latest posts

Back