I think I have a close relative of Tank's!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gentle giants

Reaction score
I wound up with a little (as in three and a halfpounds) broken black lop buck a couple of weeks ago. A guy called andtold me he was moving in two days and couldn't take the rabbit, could Iplease take him. Well, neither him nor his girlfriend said anythingabout him being a biter, although they might have *forgotten* in lightof the fact they were trying to get rid of him.

I'll tell you what, guys, I have never had a rabbit bite melike this, ever. The first time he got me, it was on my index finger,and I was so shocked I just closed the cage and walked away. This am,he got ahold of my thumb joint, and latched on so hard that I wasscreaming and shaking my hand, and I couldn't get him off! He has neverbeen around any other rabbits before, so I am hoping that it is thescent of all the girls in my barn that has got him all crazy. SomethingI was wondering, does anyone know if Tank settled down when he gotneutered? I can't for the life of me remember his person's name-sorryabout that!
Anyway, this guy is definalty getting the snip as soon as I can! I willprobably wait another month to make sure the weather is warm to stay,since all my rabbits live in the barn.

Tank was rehomed if I recall.

Eek! Sorry you've got a biter on your hands. I'mthinking the same as you, he may smell the other bunnies. Harper usedto get aggressive smelling other bunnies on me and he'd bite as well.He'sstill seperated from them (he's in my room while Thumperand Chance are in the spare bedroom) but he's gotten used to smellingthem on me. It no longer phases him.

Neutering will probably definitely help as well. Like you, I don'tremember who owned Tank, I just remember him being a mean rabbit.

Ilovetelgocalderon

Yeah, I don't think I'll ever forget thatthread. I was scared of that rabbit, and I never met him! LOL. It'sreally embarrasing to me, that I am totally intimidated by this teensylittle rabit, when I have my huge Flemish I can do anything with, noproblem. I really hate having to don the leather gloves just to keepall my parts when I feed him! Also makes things like clipping nails andcleaning his cage huge, scary undertakings. :?

JadeIcing wrote:
Ilovetelgocalderon

HA! I kept thinking that was it, but I couldn't remember! Is she still on here?

Havent seen in her around in a long time.

if I remember correctly, she rehomed him -but he wasn't neutered. (Unless the new owner has had that done.) Shehad his babies running around, in fact.

gentle giants wrote:
Yeah, I don't thinkI'll ever forget that thread. I was scared of that rabbit, and I nevermet him! LOL. It's really embarrasing to me, that I am totallyintimidated by this teensy little rabit, when I have my huge Flemish Ican do anything with, no problem. I really hate having to don theleather gloves just to keep all my parts when I feed him! Also makesthings like clipping nails and cleaning his cage huge, scaryundertakings. :?

ec wrote:
ifI remember correctly, she rehomed him - but he wasn't neutered. (Unlessthe new owner has had that done.) She had his babies running around, infact.

gentle giants wrote:
Yeah, I don't thinkI'll ever forget that thread. I was scared of that rabbit, and I nevermet him! LOL. It's really embarrasing to me, that I am totallyintimidated by this teensy little rabit, when I have my huge Flemish Ican do anything with, no problem. I really hate having to don theleather gloves just to keep all my parts when I feed him! Also makesthings like clipping nails and cleaning his cage huge, scaryundertakings. :?

Poor Tank :(

bunsterlove1969 wrote:
ec wrote:
if Iremember correctly, she rehomed him - but he wasn't neutered. (Unlessthe new owner has had that done.) She had his babies running around, infact.

gentle giants wrote:
Poor Tank :(
Nah! He was doing better. Friendly even!:shock:

Oh, wow, how would she have ever even foundanyone willing to take on a furry little land shark? LOL Mabye piranha,instead of shark. :shock:

Oh, sorry, didn't see that last sentence! :D

The guy was the cousinI think of her boyfriend.

Latest posts

Back