i need everyones help

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gjsara

Reaction score
ok so we know that bunnys at petstores are a problem right

because they are soooo cute and cuddly everyone wants them

when they see them and they buy them usually on a split second

desion. i think we shold all complile of information on rabbits,cost,

care, how they act, how they are with children ect, once we

compile all of this information we can print out sheets with the

info on it and each go to our local petshops that sell rabbits and

give them a stack and ask them if they would hand these out with

the rabbits they sell,and maybe ask if they can post a copy on the

rabbits cage.(i think we would probablly be pushing it if we could

get them to put them up because it might decrease sales)but if

we could at least get them to hand out to the new owners maybe

it would help them and create a more educated generation of

rabbit owners. this way we would be giving back to the comunity .i

figure we are spread out all over the world we could really make

a difference. what do you think let me know if you would be willing

to help! im am serious about this i think it would be a good idea.

p.s sorry for the spaces just tring to make it eaiser to read

sara

I've been thinking about doing something likethat for my local petshop for some time so it was good to read thatyou've had this idea too.

I'd also thought of putting a list of useful books and contacts (including places like here) at the bottom of it.

I think it's a really useful idea and might help a lot of good owners as well as deter bad ones :).

Kate

Pet stores want to sell pets. They don't care why. It's a business.

i know they want to sell them but we can trynothing ever got done by sitting on your behind!(people also said wewould never make it to the moon)

sara

I wish all pet stores were required to give out care sheets by law with every pet. Sadly, most do not care.

However the pet store down the road from me does hand out caresheets.:)I think it's a great idea if you can get the pet stores toagree to hand them out.

~Nichole

I think it is a good idea. I think all petshopsshould educate their customers when they buy any new animal. You wouldexpect an owner to do their research first but unfortunatly thatdoesn't happen, so they should hand out leafletsdeforeselling so the owner knowsall about theanimal and what is required!

Vickie

I also feel very strongly that alot of peoplejust impluse buy a rabbit, especially as an 'easy' pet for achild.However there is so much that people should know aboutrabbits before they buy one. They are as much work as any dog, needingentertainment, toys, exercise, stimulation, as well as the feeding andwatering DAILY and cleaning very regularly. The garden and the homewill be nawed, chewed, dug upand scent marked etc. and alotof people just think they a cute cuddle little things that don't needmuch attention.

WRONG.

Hence I am certainly going to make a basic leaflet and try to get mylocal petshops to hand them out to would be customers. Ialsothink more people should rescue buns from the RSPCArather than buying them from petshops. There's something like 27,000abandoned buns each year according to statistics fromNationalRabbit Aid. And I am sure this is only the tip of the iceburg.

Please thinkabout all those buns that are just shutincages with no freedom ever. What sort of an exisitance isthis and how can we let it happen? It makes me so sad to think of allthose incarcerated buns in solitary confinment down in the bottom ofuncaring peoples gardens. They are just like living ornaments that havea bit of food shoved at them. It makes me so angry. It should beeverybody's duty on this forum to educate others about the needs ofrabbits. A cat or dog in a bad home can run away and hopefully find anew loving owber. Rabbits don't often have that chance and wouldprobably not fare very well even if it did escape. It is up to ustostandup for thesad and silent rabbitsof this world.

Latest posts

Back