I love him, but this behavior must stop!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cirrustwi

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
When I adopted Dillon from Amanda, she said thathe tended to hump her hand if she was playing on the floor withhim. I could deal with that. However, he hasdecided he needs to love my leg! It's absolutelyridiculous! It took me nearly 40 min. last night just toempty his litter box and vacuum out his cage. He wasliterally chasing me around the room.

I'm sure it would have been really funny to me, but I was soirritated. My mom was standing in the door way, completelyhysterical and Shawn was finding it quite entertaining and he was juston the phone. I'm sure I looked like a crazy woman!He followed me everywhere I went trying to hump my leg. Heeven tried to leave the bunny room with me. It was crazy.

Would neutering help? Or will it just continue? Iwas considering trying to show him, but I can just imagine him humpinga judge's arm. LMBO

Jen

Neutering does help, but I believe they can't be neutered if you're going to show them in ARBA shows.

-Carolyn

Neuter? But he LOVES YOU! You wouldn't do that to him, would you?

Okay, actually I would. You haven't had him for very long,it's possible he'll get bored with it. Then again, Rose's Bubhasn't tired of spraying her yet.

Run, Dillon, run! Before she takes you to the vet!
:runningrabbit:

naturestee wrote:
Neuter? But he LOVES YOU! You wouldn'tdo that to him, would you?

Okay, actually I would. You haven't had him for very long,it's possible he'll get bored with it. Then again, Rose's Bubhasn't tired of spraying her yet.

Nope, he hasn't.:pand his daddy never got tired of doingexactly what Dillon's doing. Especially when I had shorts on. He LOVEDbare legs. He used to sniff and sniff with his mouth open (anddrooling), then I'd have to run because he decided to "court" my legs.

hehe

It does take a long time to get anything done if you're running from a lovesick rabbit!!:p

Rose

P.S. I showed Bub's dad at the fair for several years and he nevertried that trick on anyone but me. So I don't think you'd need to worryabout that!;)

Matthew's English Angora is like that -- he'sjust awful! You can reach in the cage without him jumpingright on your arm. You can only imagine how difficult it isto shear him because he keeps trying to turn around to get to yourhands/arms.

Pam

Carolyn wrote:
Neutering does help, but I believe they can't be neutered ifyou're going to show them in ARBA shows.

-Carolyn

Yeah, I know that if he's neutered, he can't be shown, but I'm not sure I really care.

Rose: I'm so glad to know that someone else has gone throughthis. I had shorts on last night, I was debating if that waspart of it. It's so bad, funny, but bad.

Jen

cirrustwi wrote:
Carolyn wrote:
Neutering doeshelp, but I believe they can't be neutered if you're going to show themin ARBA shows.

-Carolyn

Yeah, I know that if he's neutered, he can't be shown, but I'm not sure I really care.

I'm with you.

-Carolyn

I tried to tell you. I am sorry it wasalways really bad and annoying everyone I have asked said just to givehim an old stuffed animal and he seemed to enjoy it. It wasntas bad this summer he had stopped for the most part bc I usually pushhim away when he starts andI thought he got thepicture. Heonly did it recently whenI putmy hand in his cage not when hewas out. I never hada hard time cleaning his cage though that was always a ten minute jobbecause he was so interested in going up to the other rabbitscage. I dont know if he just thinks he can get away with itnow because he has a new mom or what. Just keep pushing himaway that seemed to eventually work for me same with the old stuffedanimal thing. I talked to some vets and breeders and theysaid that even if you neuter he might still do it. I am sorryJen he had not been doing it latley so I didnt think it was going to bea problem for you... Good luck. PM me if you need to talkabout it.

Lol, Bad Dillon Bad. Poor Jen what else can gowrong for ya. I agree with Amanda maybe it's just that since his othermommie pushes him away that would make him mad and now he's got a newmommie and thinking ohhhhhhhh I can do her. She won't Push me away.

Latest posts

Back