I am a LOLoholic!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We should so do one! All us LOLaholics challenge ourselves to a week, or maybe an allotted number of posts not to say LOL at all.....

I bet that would be all that comes into my head! :p

kherrmann3 wrote:
NZminilops wrote:
Urk :p, I hate LOL but I find myself typing it a lot more since joining RO. I try not to type it unless I did actually laugh though as it niggles at my brain that people are always lying when they say lol (yeah I'm weird that way).
Off topic... BUT, I've never heard of the word "niggles" and it sounds awesome, and I love it! :p
Its a great word! I wonder what other words you don't use. Codswallop? Thats a personal fav of mine.

I personally think you should start using it and see what all your friends say!

Fran :) :hearts :brownbunny

Er, I did! >insert lol here<

If something is niggling at you, it's bothering you. Tickling at your thoughts.

A policeman could say "There's something about that suspect that's niggling at me...I can't quite put my finger on it though".

I don't know if that's the proper use of the word, I think of it as "worrying at". Niggles me = worries/bothers me.

NZminilops wrote:
Er, I did! >insert lol here<

If something is niggling at you, it's bothering you. Tickling at your thoughts.

A policeman could say "There's something about that suspect that's niggling at me...I can't quite put my finger on it though".

I don't know if that's the proper use of the word, I think of it as "worrying at". Niggles me = worries/bothers me.
Yeah that's how we would say it as well. LOVE the policeman analogy! :D

Fran, codswallop? :laughsmiley: Not heard that in ages!

There must be loads of other silly words we use like that..... I can't think of them right now though...

mouse_chalk wrote:
My friends even say it in 'real life'.....:?
In real life I say lawlz, lol, rofl, l-mao! and roflcopter :p or like my mates will go "did you get that text I sent ya? with the joke in" and I will say "yeah, I lol'd" ermm...whaaaa? !
Oh and I only use "lol" if I actually "lol'd". But I do lol quite a lot.

PS. I have NEVER heard niggles either :shock:

I need an emoticon detox lol!

I do only say it if I mean it- It doesn't necessarily mean I laughed my socks off- but if I smiled, or chuckled to myself, that's a 'lol' in my eyes! If I actually got hysterical, loud enough for the bunnies to look at me funny, then I'll put 'LOL!'.... lol :p

Luv-bunniz, me and my friends say 'I lol'd' a lot too.....

Lolling is good for the soul, no?

Back