Hungry Bunnies

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
gwhoosh wrote:
:( Poor baby! How could he survive without any hay at all?? Hes a cutie pie :)

Well, i'm not sure how he was doing before i got him. Certainly, he was VERY deprived which is why to this day he is still working on trusting me. Good news is that he has fatten up so much since then. :)

some pics of my bunnies piggin' out :p

DSC00770.jpg

40mths15.jpg

45mths09.jpg

DSC00794.jpg

I've missed ALL of this thread I think! It must have been during the time we were sick cause I know I would have said how much I love elf's pics and all the others... shorty your bunny is gorgeous!

Rory is so sweet looking - it's no wonder you've fallen completely in love with him!

Wash is adorable with his wrinkled nose in the bowl of greens! :hearts:

Hazel is so pretty! I want her!

I could go on and on - these are great!

Thanks PepnFluff! So nastranium is a flower, right? Kool, I'll have to find some of that (after I read up more about it) for my bunz. I'm shure they'd love to try that! They're always wanting new veggies/flowers/fruits to try.

Are they allowed to eat Rose petals? I saw a picture of a bunny eating a rose a few days ago and I thought "Oh my gawsh! Is that ok for them?"

Emily

They like Nasturtiums, there's also some Sweet Violet in that bowl, and yes, they eat Roses too. They eat the petals, leaves, and the rose-hips. Other favorites are Basil flowers, Clover flowers, Calendula, the flowers of Pineaple Sage (Hazel's current all-time favorite) and Licorice Mint, other kinds of Mints, and the flowers of other herbs, like Sage, marjoram, etc.
There are other flowers that i have seen listed on the safe plants lists, but these are the ones
my buns have tried.

Sasuke stealing Zakura's treat.
I_want_some_too_by_Usagi_Zakura.jpg

And without her treat, Zakura is forced to eat grass instead:biggrin2:
Green_Grass_by_Usagi_Zakura.jpg

And after some food she goes to get some water...only to find the bowl empty because she flopped it over two seconds ago. Couldn't quite help myself so I called the file "Why is the rum always gone?" :p Despite their never having been any rum in the bowl.
Why_is_the_rum_always_gone_by_Usagi_Zakura.jpg

(Fine. I lied, those pics weren't taken on the same day:p)
In order to stay fit you'll need exersize and proper diet! Zakura handles both at the same time:p
Exersize_and_Proper_diet_by_Usagi_Zakura.jpg

In the hot summer months its always nice to cool down with some ice cream! (That's apples in a cup filled with ice water:D)
Zakura_with_Ice_cream_by_Usagi_Zakura.jpg

One of Zak's favourite treats is bananas. Here she shows of her killer rabbit instincts on one:shock:
Attack_by_Usagi_Zakura.jpg

I finally have some pictures of my bunnies eating! Well, they were taken quite some time ago, but oh well:

ERBAShowSippiBruce012.jpg
Bruce chomping away at his hay :)

ERBAShowSippiBruce013.jpg
Gobbling up some pellets off the ground (when we first got him ;) )

YouthFairDBikesGoldyLola006-1.jpg
Savvy, eating her pellets at Spring Youth Fair last May

TCF07beforefairtoo041.jpg
My friend's lionhead, Simba. Eating his pellets at TCF last August :)

Here is a picture I got today of my boy chowing down on his supper! This meal includes some oats (or corn...?) pellets, and grass. All in the same bowl. :) Tonight, they'll all get carrots, so I'll take a VIDEO of them chowing down on their "dessert".

Bunniesandmore007.jpg

ZakuraRabbit, I like your idea of bunny "ice cream"! I'll have to try making that tomorrow for my bunners. I Bet it would be awesome to put some delicious treats inthe water and then freeze it. The bunnies would have a blast trying to get to it! :) Licking the water would help to keep them dehydrated and cool....

If only pellets didn't expand when wet :ponder:- Bruce would have a hay-day with a frozen pellet block! :)

Nick and Amelia ready for salad:

100_0500.jpg

Here's a scary close-up of Nick:
100_0651.jpg

Latest posts

Back