How To Make A Ramp

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mindy10

Reaction score
I put a shelf in the cage for Blossom but she does not know how to get up there. Do you know how to make a ramp so she can get up there. Or any other ideas? Thanks

1153.jpg

It doesn't look so high that she couldn't get up there. You should be able to attach a piece of 1"X4"to the edge and run it about 2/3rds of the way across so it's not too steep. Maybe put a small box with a hole cut in it for her to get her curiosity going and it would also be a hangout and chew toy. Our little Mini Rex Bambi loves anything she can get on top of to improve her view. I have a three story cardboard box maze that she loves to get on top of.

Yeah my first thought was a little box or hidey-hole with a flat top that's about half as tall as the second level. She should get accustomed to it as she grows. Looks great! :)

If you have extra girds, you can use 2 and over lap them by 2-3 squares. Cover it with carpet or something and zip tie it to the shelf.
A box or step stool that is about 1/2 the height of a grid can also be used so she can learn to jump up.

Your ramp is pretty cool. When Kuromi was a baby she had two ramps, but I found them such a hassle. As she grew, I turned a box upside down and put a hole in it ... she LOVED that. Though because she shares the room with me, at night time -I- didn't enjoy it ;) So I put a second grid in as a jumping platform... she loves that even more, because she can crawl under it as a hidey hole and sleeps on that grid when its hot - its in the corner and shaded by my dresser! You cage looks awesome btw!

You could try putting treats up there to show her it's okay. It took me months to get Cheeto to hop up on the bed, and now he jumps on everything.

Latest posts

Back