How old?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

babydoshia

Reaction score
I'm sure this has been done lots of times before but I'm curious.

How old were you when you got your first rabbit? If you want you can say what kind and all that good stuff. :)

I'm 14 and I will soon be getting my first rabbit.

Hi babydoshia,

Ummmm... had one when I was 19, but unfortunately I couldn't keep thelittle one because my cat wanted to eat him. Had to give himup to a great family, but it broke my heart. At 37, I gotback into pet bunnies.

-Carolyn

I got my firstrabbit when I was in sixth grade. My second rabbit in college, and havehad rabbits ever since. :)

I remember my mother talking about mypetrabbits when we lived in Chesterland, Ohio which wouldhave been before I was 5. I also had many rabbits as an olderyouth and again when my husband and I were first married. Ourinterest in the "fancy" smaller breeds came about 15 years ago, when weaquired a pedigreed Holland Lop for my son's birthday. Therest, as they say, is history :)

Pam

I got both my boys when I was 15, I'm now 16. I still have both if my 'mutts', Mocha and Spice.

Even that was a miracle, I'm the first person in my family to everacheive getting a pet even though my brother and sister both wantedpets when they were younger! (Being the 'baby' of the family has it'sgood points, eh?;))

I got my first rabbit when I was 11. It wasactually a very traumatic experience, as was my second rabbit just ayear or so later. I'm amazed I ever got another one...:?

Oliver, my first bun, was given to us too young and :)X) not properlyweaned, so he did not eat or drink. We were inexperienced, and didn'tknow what to do for him. He managed to jump out of his pen and slipunder my door his second night home and our cat bit him. Not a seriousbite, but Oliver was so weak he succumbed to infection the next day.

The next bunny, Nicholas Peter, was a neglected hutch bunny who hatedpeople, hated being held, and refused to budge from the corner of thefilthy cage he had been dropped off in (another rabbit that had beengiven to us). He was with us about a month; he lived outside, andeverday my mom would get him to trust her a little more, even lettingher hold him once in a while. Again, though, we were ratherinexperienced, and Nicholas was afflicted with fly strike. It hadseemingly happened overnight andwas absolutely horrible. Mydad took him to be put to sleep, and says he is still emotionallytraumatized my that poor bunny's suffering.

Rex came to live with us just over two years later, and I wasdetermined to educate myself. He was a fulltime house rabbit with lotsof love and attention, and when he was three, we bonded him to Peanut,a shelter rabbit. They've been together for the last two years and arevery happy with each other.

~M

I was 19 when I got Emmit, now I'm 20 and I haveAmelia as well. Emmit is a mini lop who is about 7 monthsold, and Amelia is 10 months old and she is a florida white.

I had Dini for a few happy weeks, she's 8 months old and is a silver.

Martin's roommate's bun, Dijon is 3 years old, and I love him, so I sort of think of him as mine...he's a holland lop.

Martin says no more...buuuuut i'm not too sure :p

-Carrie

I think that i was prolly 4 when i got my firstrabbits. I think i had to get rid of the because wwe movedinto an apartment. Then about a year later i got a littlechinchilla colored one that i kept till he died. And have hadrabbits most of the time since then except i had to get rid of themonce and didn't have any for a year or so and now i'm 14 and have 10.

Hi babydoshia

I got my first rabbits when I was forty, but if I'd known what I knownow I'd have had them all my life :D. My family have always thought I'mmad but when I got four young house rabbits in one go they thought I'dturned the insanity corner. They're really crossbred and aren't goingto win any cute awards, but they're full of personality and I lovethem. I've just turned forty one and I got my latest - and hopefullylast for a while :p- two weeks ago. She's a mix of colours,blue, cream and red and she's probably a lop cross.

I will be 31 andjust got my first rabbit a few months ago. I now have 4, andwill be getting a baby in Jan or Feb. I wish I had been ableto have indoor pets growing up, I probably would have gotten a bunnyhad I known about them. :D

babydoshia wrote:
13 years old? That's an old bunny. What kind is it?

A Netherland Dwarf. We can't figure out why she lives so long, but I think it has to do with this kind of personality:

Latest posts

Back