How much do I feed Clover?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xKuchiki

Reaction score
I'm not sure if you read my story about Clover, but right now he's suffering from a swollen eye that is sewn shut. I'm not sure if I should feed the same amount (roughly half a cup) or increase it. Also I'm trying to fit as much veggies and fruit as I can, but we're pretty low in our house.

Wow, I do not know the background of Clover, but depending on his digestive health as a result of his eye (maybe he is stressing as a result of her eye situation), you may want to try to get as much fluid in him as possible. Fruit should be fed mostly as treats, not as a staple food. Veggies are a good source of water. How big is he? How old is he?

Fruits are not fed as an ongoing part of their diet, they only get about a tbsp of fruit and 3/4 vegetables if I have them in our house. He drinks a LOT of water and there is puss that we clean out of the corner everyday. Its white puss and it doesn't smell so apparently that's good. He is 9 months and looks like he is around a 1lb and a half - 2 lbs.

If he's on an antibiotic (which he should be if he's had major sugery to prevent infections), then he should be getting some probiotics to help settle his stomach. Benebac, probios or just an acidopholus for people will work too.

I would keep his pellets and veggies the same. You can soak veggies in some water to make sure he's getting lots of moisture.

--Dawn

aurora369 wrote:
Benebac, probios or just an acidopholus for people will work too.
Where could I find this? Would sugarfree yogurt be okay? Or, at least I THINK there are probiotics in yogurt :?

Sorry, I'm rather stupid when it comes to things like that..

I have seen probiotics in the pharmacy area of Walmart and Superstore, but health food stores may have them too. They are in pill form, so you might want to crush them and mix with something yummy or try to offer them as a treat.

acidophilis is found in the pharmacy section of most grocery stores. It's a powder in a capsule. You pull the capsule apart and mix the powder with a tiny bit of juice to feed him.

--Dawn

Latest posts

Back