How much did your bunny's appearance change as it reached adult hood?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

larryng

Reaction score
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eEgvGnJiEk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eEgvGnJiEk[/ame]

[flash=425,344]http://www.youtube.com/v/3eEgvGnJiEk&hl=en&fs=1[/flash]

Peanut as an adult rabbit looks nothing like her as a bunny.

She was all golden brown when she was a bunny. Her ears were golden brown too.

As an adult Peanut had three different hair colors. Her most dominate color is dark golden brown (80%). She second most dominate color is black (15%). Her least dominate color is gray (5%).

Her ears are now black and leathery.

How much did your baby bunnies appearance change when he/she reached rabbithood ?

When I got Alice as a baby she was all fawn/beige, now at 3 years old she is blue, ginger and fawn :)
When Bonnie was a baby she was near enough pure white with only a few brown hairs on her back when now she has ginger/brown ears a bit on her nose and brown hairs on her bum :)
Buckley has this little strip from moulting which has stayed there which he didn't have when he was a baby, and Bella has lots spots of blue on her face :)

Foo didn't change much color wise. She's always been white with the same two red spots on her back, around her eyes and on her ears. When I got her she had airplane ears, they lopped shortly after I got her.
Her fur is longer/thicker than I thought it would be, it seems to be longer than when she was a baby.

Agnes was pure black as a baby. Being a Lionhead she changed alot as she got her double mane and her black fur got grayer.

Archie is a rescue stray so I have no idea how old he is or what he looked like as a baby :(

Scone was an opal mini-rex - sort of Bugs Bunny coloration, grey with a white tummy and chin. When he was a kit the grey part was very light and pure grey, but as he got older the grey got darker and developed a tan or brown cast in some lights.

Both Scone and Natasha's noses were pointier when they were younger, and got more blunt as they aged.

Scone on his first day with us, aged six or eight weeks:
7648_141432_150000000.jpg

Scone toward the end of his life, seven and a half years later:

7648_141432_160000003.jpg

Natasha on her first day with me (two years old already):
7648_181900_390000002.jpg

Natasha recently (age four plus):
7648_261158_250000002.jpg

I have raised many rabbits from birth to death. Most of them do not change color. The dark spots on the Californians will change with the weather though. Other than that the change that I notice is that they MIGHT get a tiny bit darker in color after birth.

We only have one that we got as a baby--Nikki--and she looks the same--didn't expect any color change since she's a REW. Some of ours have shown minor changes after molting. Mr. B got a white spot on his nose.

Cheeto as a baby:

c5.png

And Cheeto now:

_DSC9573.jpg

With Millie, I have no idea. I just adopted her and she was a rescue =)

Junie has stayed pretty much the same (she's a black Nethie) and we got her when she was 7 weeks old. She's gotten a few gray/silver hairs over the last year!

Crispin we rescued, so I don't know what he looked like as a baby.

Nibbles we got at just over 2 months old. His coat changes color slightly when he sheds, but it's always gray with a bit of a brown undertone. Sometimes it's a bit darker gray than others.

Kari- It is not posible that a rabbit would change THAT much. The bottom picture must be in black and white or Sepia.

ldoerr wrote:
Kari- It is not posible that a rabbit would change THAT much. The bottom picture must be in black and white or Sepia.
Lol is that a joke?? The orange in his coat just faded a little. You can see it a bit around his eye. The picture is 100% non-retouched. I got the disc immediately after the "shoot" (which was at the rescue that took the first one.) And he looks like that haha. I don't know how else to convince you? I know the first is Cheeto as well--he often poses in that same exact position (the ears are very peculiar) and the only other bun in his litter that resembled him--the mother had the babies at the rescue--has different markings to where they are definitely distinguishable.

So, yes, a rabbit can change that much. Here's a pic from his first "gotcha." His 2nd was 10/22 of this year:

final2.png

You can see the orange a little more in the pic below the baby Cheeto, which was a month after I brought him home.

ldoerr wrote:

I think it would. There's someone else who's rabbit went thru a big change like Kari's rabbit. I forget who tho.

Latest posts

Back